Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iwent last weekend to check out some boxer pups. We go this weekend to pick him up. He his a white male born Jan. 26. We already have a 2 1/2 year old white female. Anyone have suggestions as far as having the 2 boxers Im willing to listen...

Thanks

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
How much fun you are going to have.  I just added a new puppy to my pair in October of last fall.

They should get along great!  I have always had a pair (female/male) and they love playing with each other and keeping each other company.  I would take the other dog with when you pick him up and put the pup in a crate or somehow separate them so they can bond on the way home by smelling each other.  I has always worked out well for me.  You will also have to monitor the playing as the little one gets older.  They can get a little wild and out of control in their play at times and that is a good time to tell them to "mellow out"  I also tell my older dog that the little one "is a baby" and be "gentle"  Things will go fine.  Always remember to honor the older dog with the treat and feeding dish first when handing them out, so that their is less jealousy towards the new addition and the puppy learns appropriate pack behavior.  

Send us pics and keep us updated on things and feel free to ask any questions of the forum.

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
How wonderful for you...Congrats...I think they will do great...Your boxer is still young enuf that it won't ba as much as an issue as it was for us...Samson is 10 and soo set in his ways that having Angel at 15 mos was a bit difficult at first, but after 2 weeks things have greatly improved.. Defintely take yours with you when you pick up the pup like Nano said..Good bonding time....And yes, supervise them closely at first...Samson has always loved puppies and he is better with them than adults, he's very protective which is very sweet to watch. Angel would have made a great mother as she always nutures Samson, which took him awhile to get used to..Lol....

Please keep us posted and by all means, ask any questions that you may have.. Most of all, enjoy them.. I love watching mine play and tussle...Never fails to put a smile on my face.  :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
He reminds me of my Rocky!! I`ll try and find some puppy pics of Rocky and show you

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh what a sweetheart he is....I just want to cuddle him......

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wow- this makes me want another puppy and mine is not even 7 months yet!  Have you picked a name for him yet?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh my goodness - how cute is he?! I just want to *squish* him!! :D

Congrats on your new baby!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
^^ I think she's a bit biased of the name, Gunner - don't you?! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts