Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took advantage of both me and my hubby being off work from Friday through Sunday and.....................We got our fence put up around the back yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

Not the greatest way to spend mother's day weekend, but it was a great gift!!!!!!!!!!  I could hardly contain the excitement when I opened the back door and sent Fiona and Cassie out and I stayed inside :)

Cassie is not to sure yet......for a rescue that slept in a pen....she sure has become an inside A/C dog.....but Fiona ran around and check the bounds and then hopped and jumped and ran....acted like a complete nut!!!!

So.....I am excited :headbang:  

And a big :emtthumbs: to hubby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
oh thats AWESOME Sharon !!! i think thats a great gift !! sooooooooooooo worth the time..yaaaaaa the girls will love it

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
great job.. what type of fence?

I have the money to do it at my house but not the time, as well as too many zoning laws.  However we have a fence company coming at 10am on wednesday to give an estimate.

I might except the estimate if its a fair price and they can be done in one day....

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Yay Sharon!! And way to go hubby. What a great gift. Any plans for a doggie door to make this picture perfect??

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Excellent news, Sharon. They'll really enjoy it.

You must really feel a sense of accomplishment!!! Way to go!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Yayyy the dogs will love it, imagine all those burns outside and all you have to do is open the door and sit back :lol:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
YEah Sharon and the hubby!!  I got one in November after 20 years of asking for one and I LOVE IT!  I tell my hubby that all the time and he just smiles.  I can finally let my dogs run and be loose without worrying if they run off into 1100 acres of wilderness or the bears are in our yard.  I do still monitor them being out there and Mateo would still rather be on the front porch or in the house with me most of the time but Talia would stay out there all day and eat rabbit s**t.

Mine is vinyl coated brown chain link fence and I think it cost about $15 a foot installed.

Nano

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
That's awesome! I know how excited you are, my boyfriend put one up on friday when I was at work. Time and money definatly well spent!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DM_Boxers\";p=\"122639 said:
great job.. what type of fence?
We did chainlink because we only fenced a portion of the yard.......WE put up about 340 feet of fence........But, I live on 2.5 acres and wanted to be able to see it........ :)   WE paid about 1300$ for the material....

samsonsaunt\";p=\"122641 said:
 Any plans for a doggie door to make this picture perfect??
How did you know????????? :)  Yes that is on the list on things to do...........

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Thats wonderful Sharon, what a great gift; I would love to have one.  WooHoo!!!! Doggy door next.

G

·
0 Posts
can't think of a better way to spend mothers day = taking care of your babies :)

i can just see fiona romping out there free and happy!

add fertilizer, grass seed, and good rake to your wishlist  =))   although with 2.5 acres, you shouldn't get a boxer burn runway in the same spot like mine do....

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Isn't it wonderful Sharon? Heck it may not have been the ideal way to spend Mother's Day, but ........ :) Sure makes life easier, doesn't it?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm so jealous of anyone that can even put up a fence! I hate my homeowners association!  :x

Well, that's awesome Sharon! I must have missed it somewhere, but I take it that this means you have moved into the new house?
I'm sure the kiddo's will love their new freedom.  :D

·
Registered
893 Posts
What fun

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[quote="tootsie\";p=\"122758":2cjqta37]! I must have missed it somewhere, but I take it that this means you have moved into the new house?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts