Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a sleeper and I haven't been getting much sleep since we brought Barkley home last weekend.  I'm not used to waking up in the middle of the night and then early in the a.m.  I expected all of this but was wondering about how long it will last?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I only had to do it for two weeks before Oscar could sleep through the night.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
The first few weeks I had Oggie were a complete blur.  I was a walking zombie!  I basically slept on the couch instead of the bed because he'd have to go potty at least 2 or 3 times a night.  He was really good though, he slept a lot and would only get up when he needed to go.  It pays to be a light sleeper though.  After a couple of weeks he slept through the night and never looked back.  I know some dogs even as they get older have to go out during the night so I can't say everything will be perfect soon, but it will get better before you know it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Allie is 3 and will get up during the night at least once on occasion.  Whens he was puppy, I slept on the couch with her because she would get up 2 or 3 times a night to go out, but it didn't seem to last long.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I had really good luck with Tyson.  He took to the crate really well.  The night we got him, we put him to bed in his crate and he slept through the entire night.  Didn't wake up once!  Didn't make a sound!  Didn't make any mess!  It has been that way since.  I say "time to go to bed" and he runs to his crate.  I don't hear or see him til the morning.  It's great!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also lucked out with lucy, first night i brought her home it was in the crate and she slept throught the night no mess no sound as well! crate didnt last too long cause im a sucker for snuggling so she moved into my bed. She always slept through the night though and would not hisitate to wake me up int he morning to let her go to the bathroom... I think once she went in her sleep though cause i woke up wet and lucy was sound asleep in the middle of a wet circle!! hahaha.  :lol:  never heard of dogs going in their sleep!  =))

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Ahhh yes, puppy induced sleep deprivation :D Seems like it's been going on here forever! Just nicely got Donner to sleep in a little in the morning and along came Bltizen! Hubby works evenings, bedtime around 12:30 - 1:00 am I'm up at 6:15am and the  pups stay up when I leave!!!! Sometimes they give him a break for a nap before work but not usually. Lucky for me at night they settle down and I get a cat-nap before he gets home. Love those babies, they've taught us that 8 hrs of sleep is a real luxury :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts