Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i take hailee out to potty she will go #1 but no matter how long we stay out there (have stood out there up to 45 min with her so far) she will come in the house and go #2 ... y? can anyone help?? im soo frustrated i love my hailee but goodness im ready to stop cleaning up my carpet lol any advice would help :) thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My best answer would be to bring her in, but keep her on the leash (attach it to your belt loop or something similar on you) until you see her circling or whatever her poopy time sign is. then run her out and say 'go potty' only wait a few minutes. If she doesn't go, bring her back in and do the same thing again. Eventually she will go, and praise like crazy. Keep treats with you and give her one right away.

My pug hated going potty on a leash. It took a few days of doing this, but she got it.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Also, when you clean up the poo, take it out to the yard and put it where you want her to go poo.  Something about the smell being there tells them that is a good place to go.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
What everyone said is the advice I would have given, good luck and hope it works for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts