Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, while I was at work, Mike let Jetta out of the crate, and he said the moment he did she peed...she doesn't usually have accidents, so this was weird.  Well, just now, she came up to me while I was at the table, stood with her front legs on my lap, and while standing on two legs, she started peeing...this isn't like her...is there a cause for uncontrolled urination? Should I be worried or is this normal?

·
Registered
427 Posts
You know I posted something similar to this a few days ago. Summer was looking out the window watching my inlaws leave and out of nowhere just started peeing like crazy all over the couch and it was almost as if she didn't even know she was doing it. Also my boyfriend had just taken her outside an hour before that.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
maybe she has a uti, I would just keep an eye on it and see if she is still doing it. From what ive read on them there may be bloood in the urine if she has a UTI but not always but if there is i would take her to the vet. I think it is just a wait and see since it was just today. Maybe she is regressing in her potty training a bit or acting out over something? Not much help here but these are things ive read of and just never experienced myself. i hope things get better soon.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Kyrie does that but she always has... I call her my "excitement pee-er". Though if she's never been like that before there could be something going on... I've seen it posted on the forum before but I don't remember what they said it could possible be and I don't want to freak you out... SO hopefully so one will post soon stating what it most likely is.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well..she does get excitement pee when she goes to the vet or petstore...but tonight with me...she just walked over to me...stood on her hind legs looked at me and I heard her peeing...usually if she has an accident she squats...she did ring the bell to go out...but I hadn't gotten there yet...we're trying to train her to hold it a little bit...but she's never done anything quite like this before

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I can tell,she has not been drinking any extra water and she doesn't struggle to pee...she pees everytime we let her out...and there is usually a nice amount there...so no trickles...I don't know how to see pee...she doesn't pee on anything white for me to find out if she has pinkish pee..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote="JayJay\";p=\"54022":eehzgi4g]The thing with the pee

·
Registered
381 Posts
It could be a bunch of things but I think you have to expect your 4 month old puppy to have accidents.  These two scenarios that you've described sound like accidents to me.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
she has been housetrained with no pee accidents for a month....

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
aquagirl900\";p=\"54233 said:
she has been housetrained with no pee accidents for a month....
Jessie would go months without an accident too..

But the way you describe what she did... i would think its something you should ask your vet about... if it turns out nothing is wrong the worst that happened was that you took her to the vet!

·
Registered
243 Posts
do all girl boxers have pee problems when fixed? i want to get baby done bunt not have her pee int the house.
Side effects of castration of female dogs:
I have a very details article in German - i try to translate the main part about neutering female dogs:
1/3 of the female dogs have problems to control the urination after neutering.
If the dog is neutered before the puberty it is not so often incontinent than if it

·
Registered
780 Posts
Don't know what is causing Jetta to do this but I do know that with the puppies we have had there were a couple of occasions where they had accidents after having none in for a long time.  It was usually because we didn't get them out in time when they needed to go but usually never more than one or two accidents in a row.  Like others said she may have a UTI and may need to be seen by the vet if it continues.  

I know that one time I came home and it looked like a fire hose had went off in the house....there was pee EVERYWHERE.  This was from our Calli who was 7-8 at the time.  I couldn't figure out why she would have done something like this she hadn't had an accident in years and we hadn't been gone for very long.  We found out that she had gotten into our cats food which is a prescription to keep crystals out of the urine. 8O

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok...now she has had 2 or 3 accidents in her crate, which hasn't happened since the first 3 weeks we had her...this is so weird...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok...she has done it yet again..this time she did ring the bell but before I could even walk to the door (got up right away) she peed in the kitchen on the floor...it's very clear and not even yellow...this is just very strange for her...

·
Registered
663 Posts
I would suggest maybe having her blood sugar tested.  She might be diabetic... Just a guess.  Hope she isn't diabetic and she feels better soon.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I would be concerned that she has a urinary tract infection. Unfortunately you can't just wait and see with a UTI, it will only get worse and could develop in to a kidney infection. Delilah had a UTI and crystals in her urine when I got her from the shelter who knows how long she had it... she would pee right in front of me- she couldn't control it.  Make an appointment with your vet, and you'll need to get a sample of urine to take in.  Its a little tricky, but I used a cheap tupperware bowl and held it under her while she pees to catch it.  ;) oh, and hopefully you aren't in an apartment complex being watched by all your neighbors while doing this ;) hehe.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just what i need...a diabetic dog..lol..and my life isn't stressed enough...God I don't know how much more I can take...I'm about to crack from all the stress, worry and pressure..

·
Registered
526 Posts
could be worse, you could be diabetic (i am, use a pump) and with a dog its much easier to control than in a person.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts