Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home from shopping today and DH asked me if I'd be up for a road trip tomorrow??? Then tells me he's been in contact with a breeder in the southern tier who has a 10 week old flashy fawn female who didn't sell with her litter mates (the lady who had the deposit on her was surprised by her husband with an English Bulldog) and he would like to go see the pup "Just to look" I'm weak you guys, I'm weak 8O  We have been really trying with the rescue group but for a variety of reasons that's just not working out. I'm afraid to go look at this little girl and her parents, both on premises. References are available.I just know I'll fall head over heels....... I'll let you know if we decide to go "just to  look" :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I feel if this in the one then it was meant to be, maybe there isn't a rescue for you.  Good luck and let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ditto what Barb said Lori.....If it's meant to be, you will know...Good luck and of course we expect to hear everything  :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
What rescue groups have you tried?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I am so excited for you!! It is so hard to "just look"! Before we got Harley, we went to the breeders house " just to look", and decided that if one was available, we were going to bring one home!!! Things have a strange way of working themselves out! Maybe this is the way it is suposed to be! :lol:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
girl you have tried everything and you have waited and waited...ive been saying the 'right' one witll come when its time...i agree i think this maybe it..jsut kinda came your way..maybe she dident sell with her litter b/c she was really right for you all..

hehe take the road trip and take the camera lol..oo and maybe a leash and some treats hahahaha b/c there is NEVER jsut looking...

i am happy for you i KNOW how much time youve spent on the rescues and maybe it didnt work b/c this little girl was waiting in the wings for you..

hugzzzzzzzzzzz sweetie and jeez id LOVE to be on a road trip in NY right now...lol its xmas and i cant go to NYC :cry: believe me you miss the snow and cold of the holidays when you CANT go

good luck tomorrow hehe

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
8O  8O i know i should know this but whaat in the world is a DH? i mean i can think of things it could be but i knwo that its not that haha

dumb hubby
dorky hubby
Dan's hubby haaaaaaaaaaaaa lol joke Dan

uhmm
dam hubby
dedicated hubby
doggy hubby hahaha
disgruntled hubby lol
ditsy hubby

ok im done lol what is it really

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much for all the encouraging words everyone, makes me feel much, much better about this!
Ky, I was thinking Dear Hubby when I wrote that but I like your versions (all of them) waaaaay better, so I guess just plug in whatever seems appropriate. :lol: I'll TRY to remember the camera tomorrow and will  post how it goes!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
im so excited for you i know its been a long wait !!! i think this little girl is for YOU..:D cant wait to hear..i know you have mixed emotions right now..but youll know as soon as you see her...:D

& ya i think my hubby can be all of those...well all except dans hubby hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

ohhh where ooohhh where is dannnnn todayyyyy ohh whereeee oooo whereeee cannn he bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb hehehe

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
ROTFLMAO.....Ky you are too much....Good luck today Lori. Keeping my fingers crossed for you...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quick update........Just talked to breeder and fawn girl is gone (last night) :cry: Then the breeder asked hubby if we might be interested in white girl with blue eyes also 10 weeks old???? INTERESTED???? We were turned down for a white, blue eyed girl at the rescue and it almost broke my heart. The breeder has some shopping to do this afternoon but will e-mail pics tonight and has promised to hold her until we can pick up after Christmas!! Thought we sounded like a good home for her and is willing to hold. Whoooo HOooo unless the pics show some terrible deformity ( and even if they do :lol: ) I think this might be the Blitzen to go with our Donner!!!!!!
Thank You to JayJay for helping with the translation, Donner = Thunder and Blitz (no en) = Lightening. Hahaha Thunder and Lightening, what am I getting myself into???
Soooo excited :D

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG SEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS THE RIGHT ONE..WELL IT BROUGHT YOU TO THE RIGHT ONE ...THAT'S GREAT OMG IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ...WHOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i want to see pics as soon as you get them !!! haha omg...i just ran upstairs to tell hubby hahaha

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the good wishes. I've washed her new bed, got crate, dishes and leash ready. I'll probably be doing the happy dance all day just thinking about bringing her home :dance: LOL I reminded DH that when he brings home a new baby it's time for HIM to introduce himself to the forum, he laughed and said he couldn't get a word in edgewise :lol:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Donya please keep us posted! what an exciting time..i know i would be so antsy and doing the happy dance all day :D

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Good luck with the puppy! This one sounds like it was meant to be!  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lori, that is the best gift you could have asked for, I am so excited for you...You decided on Blitzen for a name then? Lol, do the happy dance as much as you want, this girl was meant for you....Merry Christmas!  :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts