Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so most of the day Ace has seemed pretty laid back. Very unlike himself :wink: ! I mean he is eating ok and still will perk up and jump around a little, just sleeping a little more. And maybe it's not that much but enough for me to notice a difference. This evening I gave him an all over check. And discovered what I think might be the culprit.....His little peepee has green discharge coming out :( . Not alot. I don't typically check out his wee wee but at the base it seemed swollen. And maybe a little warm. This is my first pet and I don't know what is typical, but this seems not ok to me. I called the vet, they are of course closed for the evening. I will call first thing in the morning. Or is this an emergeny? And what could this be from? Should I check his temp, and what is normal temp for a dog?

He's 9 months old and not nuetered yet. We were going to next month. He hasn't been around any other dogs. And hasn't gotten into anything in the house. Now as for outside I'm not sure. We have nothing poisonous in our yard though. Any ideas or tips would be soooo appreciated. I am a concerned momma! He has never been sick or had any problems and I am so worried about him :cry: .

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
***update***

I got a peice of tissue to try and get some on there to see if it smelled. There really wasn't anymore coming out but I did get some off the hair around it. From that tiny sample, it didn't smell. That sure wasn't something I thought I'd EVER being doing :roll: !!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i smelled bile before because i didnt know what it was...i felt stupid when they told me it was normal but oh well i was worried. If he is eating and pooping and somewhat active i wouldnt worry and just call the vet in the morning. it doesnt seem like an emergency maybe just a urinary infection or something like that which can clear up with some antibiotics? Did he have a big day yesterday? lots of running etc...sometimes when Mav has  had a big day the next couple of days he chills out a bit. Is he being very sad and not moving at all or just a little lazier than usual?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, come to think of it we did a lot yesterday. And maybe he injured his peepee :? ! We were playing in the house and I ran to the couch and he jumped over the back...got stuck o his mid-section and finally flopped over to get me! But ya, we did play alot yesterday. More that normal. He isn't really being sad today, just very lazy. That's what me and my husband were joking about all day. I was being lazy around the house today, not cleaning as much and just chilling and I was telling my husband that Ace was on strike with me! :wink:  Then I started wondering why he was being lazy and checked him out. Hmmm.....I don't know. I wonder if getting stuck on the couch has something to do with it??
:think:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well now he seems to be perky up  :wink:  And no more discharge. Could it have been a weird fluke? :think:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
dungy has his days where he just wants to lay around and be lazy... he  is prolly fine

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
It's great that he has perked up. Maybe it was the couch issue. I don't really know about the pee pee problem; I just wanted to tell you how absolutely adorable he is! Hope everything is okay.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Taking his temp is probably a good idea though....Rectal temp should be 101 to 102.5...103 is considered a temp and above 104 is serious!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone for your advice. I feel better now. We are getting ready for bed and Ace seems fine, no more green discharge!! I feel so silly for getting so upset :roll: ! Well, I will update you guys with any info we get from the vet. Sounds like he is going to be ok, though!!! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts