Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand why my babies are so excited when they are around me, but as soon as my niece who is 4, or my nephew who is 3 show up and start lugging them around they are calm little perfect angels.  The kids pick 'em up and put 'em on the couch and they just sit and behave so well.  Shouldn't they be more excited with the kids?  They aren't scared of them, they just are laid back and easy going with them.  They don't even gnaw at their hands.  It's like they've been given a sedative or something.  They will sit with the kids while they watch Dora or spongebob, or whatever they are watching and just sit right beside them.  Laila with her head in my nieces lap, Bo with his head in my nephews.  I swear it is the craziest thing.  I think I'm gonna steal the kids and keep 'em around till Bo and Laila are grown.  LOL.... Anyone else experience this?
'

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I haven't personally, but have heard how wonderful boxers are with kids.

I have 10 neices and nephews, the oldest is 7!  And Henry just loves them all!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yep, that's boxers for ya! I think they know not to be too exhuberant around the little ones. It's funny but Buster and Maddie have always been that way around my kids. My husband could be wrestling with the dog, and as soon as a little one would walk in the room, they would just calm down and be so gentle with them. They are truly amazing dogs! No matter what the kids have done to the dogs, they are troopers!  :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts