Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Boxer pup 2 weeks ago and just received the Pedigree from the AKC.  I research and research and decided that the breeder I selected was reliable and breeding to better the breed.  However when I saw the pedigree before I purchased him I didn't have much time to really "study it".  Now I received the pedigree and it shows that his Great grandfather on his fathers side and his Great Great Grandfather on his mothers side is the SAME dog?!?

My question is simple.. is this ok and accepted for a supposed reputable breeder?  What should I do if anything?

TIA

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
This is considered a linebreeding (many would call it a 'loose' one) and is not at all uncommon in a purebred dog from a responsible conscientious breeder.  :)

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Linebreeding is ok when done the right way.  Many breeders really need to know their lines before doing it.   Its also a gamble.  If you know your lines like the back of your hand it can give you what you want.  If you dont you gamble with the unknow.  So IMO linebreeding is only as good as the breeders who are doing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts