Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!  I am a 23/Female from Houston, Texas area.  I am a big dog lover!  My husband and I just bought our first Boxer Puppy.  His name is pending (it is my husband's job to name him) and will probably be either Kefka or Trogdor.  He is a fawn boxer, and I think he has very pretty markings.  Of course, I am no expert on boxers.  That is why I am here!

I am a really outdorsy person.  I love to run, bike, and kayak.  I am hoping to train the boxer puppy to come with me on some of my excursions, if not all of them.  

Well, I should stop rambling.  Thanks for having me, and have a great day!!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome from Kiah and I.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to all of you..Great name possibilities  :) Look forward to seeing some pics of the new arrival..Feel free to ask as many questions as you need, and take a look thru our puppy section for some great tips and hints, also our training section offers some great advice on crating, housebreaking and many more subjects...

Your boxer will love to share your outdoor activities with you...Sure would like to see your boy in a kayak! Lol, my Samson has gone canoeing with us and really enjoyed it...Strenous exercise needs to wait til your pup is about 18 mos. His bones need time to fully develop. Short walks in your yard until his shots are done should be fine, plus it's a great way to start basic obedience...After he's had all of his shots, rule of thumb for walks, is 5 mins for every month of age...Generally they get plenty of exercise just playing and being a puppy, but I always enjoyed the bonding I got when walking.. :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!  :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks samsonsmom!  

I know boxers are really bad with extreme temperatures, so I'm sure in Texas that will keep us from walking too far!  But, I am excited for the day when I get to take him jogging with me.  And yes!  I can't wait to get him in a kayak with a life vest on, lol.

Thanks for the tips.  I will check all of that stuff out.  I only have one picture of him, but here it is:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh my, look at that little sweetheart.... :) And he's got that pink nose going as well...He's a cutie.....For keeping him cool in the heat, there are a few things you can do, my meetup co-ordinator uses these cooling vests when she walks her boxers and you can also get the cooling mats, which are great, you can lay them on the floor, in their crate, or in the car!! Dr Fosters & Smith carry them I know...Also dip his feet in a bowl of cool water, or Samson's favorite: rub ice on his chest & belly  :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Congrats and welcome!!  We are in the DFW area in texas!!  cant wait to see pics of your baby no name :D please jump in at anytime and feel free to askmany questions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, my husband just emailed and has officially named the puppy TROGDOR.  

Good to know there are some people close by!  

I am going to take some pics tonight and post them!  

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!!!  You definitely have a cutie!!!  Can't wait to see more pictures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts