Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found 7 tarantulas in the house in the past 3 days.  We have had lots of rain and they are coming in.  I have sprayed around all windows and baseboards.... What else can I do and what can these things do to my babies if they get bitten or eat one?

G

·
0 Posts
Re: Infestation.........

I would not survive in texas...if I saw a tarantuala I would truely die....god...i hate spiders...i didn't think they are ppisonous to people...are they to dogs?  maybe call an exterminator?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'm going to have to do something.... They are all about the same size... The body is the size of a quarter and then they have those hairy legs... I hate 'em.... Bo stepped on one earlier today and I saw it right as he did and pushed him out of the way and stomped the thing.  It didn't bite him.  It scares me though.  I don't know if it would make them sick or not.

G

·
0 Posts

u sure it is a tarantula and not a wolf spider?  they are hairy too...and very common...and about that size...blah...i've got the heeby jeebies now

·
Registered
47 Posts

We have Hobo spiders (they are the same size of the ones you are talking about and bigger) and they are poisonous and they are all over our house in the summer so I had the same worries.

G

·
0 Posts
they look a bit small for tarantulas...could be wolf...or maybe trapdoor?....hopefully not hobo...ick ick ick...move to michigan we have very few poisonous spiders...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am trying to look them up right now.  I thought maybe they were like pre-teen, not babies, but not full grown tarantulas and that is why we were seeing so many of them the same size...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Also one thing you can do is buy spider traps they are very sticky and once the spider crawls in they won't come out.  They can lay flat or fold up in a triangle.  With puppies or curious dogs you will want to put them in a place your dogs can not get to them.  Emma got into three of them and they are really hard to get off (she does have long hair though) but they work really good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wish we didn't have poisonous spiders I to hate spiders... And these things get big they mostly are in our basement and back of our house.  I do laundy down stairs and it gets really scary I have worn my sweatshirt with the hood up to go down there..But the dogs play in the back of the house which stinks too.  During this last summer within one week I killed 15 BIG spiders.  I couldn't count how many we get all year!!  Our world would be so much better without spiders.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Ehhhhhh, good gawd I hate spiders!!!! We never had problems with them in TX... just rattlesnakes... deer... turkey...raccoons lol and we lived IN TOWN! LOL Nah... didn't really have rattlesnake issues... just one incident with are Catahoula. I did see turantulas but ONLY outside and it was very rare. Now those little gecko's were EVERYWHERE AT NIGHT!! LOL

We do have spiders here though!! Drives me nuts... we need to spray again. The BEST thing you COULD do is call an exterminator... that's what we should do... but we're pretty broke due to the holidays....

G

·
0 Posts
whatever they are I wouldn't want them in my house...i about had a heart attack with lord of the rings with shelob!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I have aracnaphobia I would just die if I had spiders in the house. I feel badly for you and your babies. Make sure you shake out the sheets and blankets at bedtime.

·
Registered
905 Posts
lmssrf\";p=\"55486 said:
Our world would be so much better without spiders.
Don't think that for a second!  Spiders do much more good than harm, no matter the atavistic response they may provoke from us!  All spiders are predatory and do us a huge favour by eating the flies and other nasties that spread so much disease.  Spiders are always welcome in my house!

Although, it is easy for me to say that, seeing as we have no poisonous species in Ireland!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
They look like wolf spiders to me.  I'm not sure how far west Brownwood is, that probably makes a difference.  I could tell horror storries about those things here in SE Texas.  Wolf spiders get pretty big and are not poisonous, but they will bite.  Ooo, I know.  Wolf spiders have stripes going down their backs.  Were those striped?

Ok, gonna go puke now! :sick:

G

·
0 Posts
spiders may be good against bugs...but I will not be happy they are in my house...they belong outside...i was thinking wolf as well...i believe they are a nearly national species

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I ordered this http://www.pestrepellerultimate.com/pes ... ate_at.htm
for my house. In the summer we get a LOT of earwigs. Those things are so disgusting and the only thing that will literally give me a panic attack. And since it seems we have a little mouse visitor this winter, I figured I might as well buy one now, and hope it works.

It says: Protect Your Home From These Pests
Roaches, Ants, Spiders, Mice, Rats, Crickets, Bees, Silverfish, Earwigs, Scorpions, Fleas, Ticks, Mosquitoes, Bats, Flies and more

It may be something you want to check out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts