Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My guy is on vet prescribed Nexgaurd and Interceptor. Ok, so we have a neighbour who's cat roams free and visits our yard. Yesterday my boy, with no shame lol, found a cat poopy and tried to eat it. He did drop it when I told him to "drop it", but I don't know how much he actually ingested. So should I take him to the vet and get him wormed just in case? Or maybe I should take in a poop sample. Inceptor is supposed to protect against hookworm, round worms and whipworm. Hope nobody reads this at meal time...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Personally I wouldn't worry about unless he starts developing GI issues. Dogs eat cat poop all the time usually with no adverse effects. Obviously you probably don't want this to be a habit but I wouldn't stress over it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
LOL...im not sure why the pooh is so irresistible to dogs but we had horses and it was an on going battle. However, we never had any problems with the dogs. The monthly wormer in heart worm pills should take care of it!!!
My guy is on vet prescribed Nexgaurd and Interceptor. Ok, so we have a neighbour who's cat roams free and visits our yard. Yesterday my boy, with no shame lol, found a cat poopy and tried to eat it. He did drop it when I told him to "drop it", but I don't know how much he actually ingested. So should I take him to the vet and get him wormed just in case? Or maybe I should take in a poop sample. Inceptor is supposed to protect against hookworm, round worms and whipworm. Hope nobody reads this at meal time...
Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it either. If my dog began to act sickly for any reason and I felt a vet visit necessary I would d mention it but I really don't think it will hurt him. Just don't want it to become a habit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts