Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, we just found out that our sweet 18-month Sugar Rae has started to show some odd "snipping" behaviors at her doggie daycare. Apparently we have a very insecure dog who has no confidence. It breaks my heart to hear this since I thought we did everything right, or at least tried to. The behaviorist I spoke to on the phone says he's seen it a million times with "smaller sized" female boxers, and that if we don't steer her in the right direction now we'll end up with more problems (i.e., biting, etc).

Has anyone else gone through this and with sufficient training helped their dog become a confident happy dog? Just looking for some reassurance that she can get her confidence and grow to be a happy secure dog.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Long story even shorter at best "Boxers" are high maintenance PIA's for most Doggy Day cares anyway. Sooner or later they would have asked you to ... take your dog and don't come back,"Thank You for very much." And the GSD owner in line behind you ... would have gotten the same message. :)

But the smaller females have issues bit??? That's a new one on me??? If you want to have a confident self assured dog??? The first steps are pretty easy, stop talking her to Doggy Day care, and stop talking to that "Behaviourist."

A confident, happy well adjusted dog does not need doggy friends all your dog needs is "you" no treats required. The first step in getting a dog over issues, is usually to "Stop" doing what your doing and do something different???

Got more if you'd like but the above is gonna be the first step.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts