Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little girl Tinkerbelle has lost her toe nail! One day when i was clipping her toe nails it was there. then 2 weeks later, the WHOLE nail was gone. We dont know where it has gone, but im wondering whether this is going to effect her? Its been a while, and she doesnt even seem to know. She doesnt like her nails being done, but thats normal. Any clues?

·
Registered
977 Posts
8O I think you should call Scully & Mulder - this is a case for them :wink:
Sorry i can't help, but stick around the forum and someone else might have an idea :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Caillou, good answer.... :lol: Seriously, I really don't know..I'm assuming there isn't any infection or scab or anything? For the life of me I can't remember with dogs if the nail grows back or not...But, have no fear, I know someone on here will know!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I can't tell you why it fell out, but I can tell you that not having it won't affect her in the slightest, assuming there's no infection or trauma to the area.

My mum's Westie, Jack, had one of his nails removed after it was badly damaged when he was attacked by another dog.  He never even noticed it was gone.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Poor tink! Is she in pain? Itching? Biting or licking the area? How strange...maybe it got caught on something....have you found blood anywhere around the house or outside? I can't say I've ever heard of this before so I really have no clue. Maybe you should have the vet take a look.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can't tell you how it disappeared but it will grow back. When Layla was about 3 months she broke one of her nails which eventually fell off. It has almost fully grown back after 2 months. In the begining I kept putting peroxide on it to prevent infection.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I've seen some grow back and some not...I think you're just going to have to wait and see!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are starting to see a little nail coming in! Pretty excited haha. I just hope it wont make any difference, im trying to get her to loose some weight. She was supposed to loose atleast 10 pounds, :roll:  So we are gonna start biking  :D  She did well with roller blades, but there realy bad roads around where i live. Wish us luck on that weight problem!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts