Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 7 month old white boxer male and am going to be adding a 7 month old female white boxer/american bulldog mix.  I want my baby to have a playmate and I thought another around his same age would be good. He doesn't completely understand that he has to be gentle with smaller puppies or kids yet so I didn't want to introduce a new puppy (and i don't have the time to completely train another small pup pup!)  They are going to be introduced this coming Saturday and I am nervous that I won't do everything right.  I have been reading about how to introduce a new dog in a neutral area and that the second dog should get second everything (petting, food, etc) and/or should be more submissive once I bring her home to avoid aggressive behavior from my current dog.  I guess i'm scared that I will get her home and my dog will act aggressive and refuse to accept the female.  I am looking for some good tips on how to introduce them and how to bring her into my home.     Oh, also do I buy her new toys or let her play with the toys I already have?  

TJ

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Just wanted you to know that there was a duplicate post and I deleted it for you.  We have several threads that address this issue, I will try to find a link for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts