Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bo is 9 months old

Now...a few questions...Jetta keeps barking and trying to play...but Bo wants to explore...he is a little hesitant of her...he has growled and barked...but hasn't bitten or anything...he keeps wagging his tail and hasn't shown any teeth yet...is this normal with a new dog in a new home?  Especially one that has moved three times now in a month?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I would say yes, he is trying to get used to his surroundings.. give him a few days and he will come around.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Oh,he's beautiful!!! What a gorgeous boy...and what a lot he has been through...

I would say it's normal...and as long as his tail is wagging, you're ok...he'll get used to her and want to play, too...there's still a puppy in there...but, he's probably not sure he's staying...or wanted, or anything!

What a beautiful boy! Congratulations and welcome to BO!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are playing a bit...running and chasing each other through the house...he is definately trying to show dominance...

i guess he grew up with a pit bull...and he was dominant over the pit...and he was ok with some little basset puppies...so I think he'll be ok...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
did you pick a name yet? he looks like a Tucker to me for some reason. LMAO just popped in my head when i saw him

·
Registered
491 Posts
Poor little thing, I can't imagine being in 3 homes in 1 month, thank goodness he's found his forever home.  Bless you for taking him in.  He's a cutie!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, now he has kinda done a loud growl, stood over her and kinda pinned her...she didnt yelp or anything...is this still normal?  I just worry because he is 46.4 lbs and she is only 21.2 lbs...

·
Registered
663 Posts
They are going to do things like this to form who is dominant.  I think as long as there is no yelping, etc. then things are okay.  Are you leaving his name as Bo?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He responds really well to bo...so my husband likes the name bo...so he decided to keep it as Bo...sigh, lol

·
Registered
933 Posts
He really is a cutie!  I wouldn't worry about to much, I'm sure they will both be great.  Just give it a few days.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Bo is a sweetheart, I think he is just trying to establish his place.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
wow! what a big boy,he is so cute. congrats!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts