Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome!!!  He is very adorable!!!

He looks more Boxer than anything else to me, but I would think he was mixed with Shepherd, Rottie, or Pit.  Just my guess though.

Congrats on bringing him into your home!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums!  :D  Troy is adorable.  Troy's parents could have both been boxer, but maybe somewhere in his lineage there was some other breed that was bred. Could be just poor breeding as well. Either way Troy is adorable. :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and Troy..He is a very handsome boy by the way. If you look at some of the pics on here of our babies, you will see a lot of longer noses, it's all in the breeding..Like Tootsie said, his parents very well could have been boxers, but either of their parents could have been a mix, or one of his parents wasn't a boxer.It's hard to say, but he looks like he could have some Lab maybe or Pitt, something that caused that snout to be a bit longer...Regardless, he's a good looking boy and glad you gave him a forever home... :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hello! troy has sucha beautiful color!! almost like honey!! anywho0 i was going to say he looks like part lab. either way he is still a beautiful boy

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would agree, part lab or pit.  My pit was the same color.  He is so cute and we need more pictures  :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.  Here is another picture of Troy.  Troy's white paws don't show up in the pictures I posted, but I noticed that a lot of other boxers have them (just the tips of his are white).

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="Honeyec\";p=\"15095":363u3v6a]Hmm, he's definitely not a full Boxer.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
yep hes def a cutie :lol:  he looks a little labish to me. white paws def run with boxera!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, Hailey does look a lot like Troy... their bodies are pretty much identical and from the side their faces look very similar too.  That first picture of Hailey sleeping could be Troy, except Hailey has more white.... so cute!!!  It's funny that a lot of people are saying Troy could be mixed with lab or pit, since they are two pretty different looking breeds of dog.  I suppose I'll never find out for sure, but that's ok. 8)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas!
I don't know about the rest of the country/world, but here in Texas there is a breed of dog called Black Mouth Cur.  Your boy looks like a black mouth cur to me.
Oh well.  You'll enjoy him, whatever he's made of!
Zhanna

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am new here also .... I have what I call a "boxador" Her name is "Breed" and she is half lab and half Boxer... Troy looks kinda like her... Except troy has the coloring of a boxer and Breed has the coloring of a chocolate lab.. Otherwise Troy looks just like her...
I havent figured out how to add a pic here yet but I will try..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts