Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just brought home a new dog that was on it's way to a shelter.
She's a 2 year old Boston Terrier. We have a year old female boxer named Sadie.
Sadie will not leave the Terrier alone.  She keeps putting her paws on her back like she
is trying to push her down. Whenever the Terrier lays down Sadie is all over her.
Any tips would be greatly appriciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
lol I wish I had an answer, Diesel does that paw thing to chyna all day, every day. In our house, it's him trying to get chyna to play..but she just goes under our coffee table where he cant reach her and gloats.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis still does the paw thing to the cat haha..but she rarely ever hurts anyone with it...she does it to our visiting friends with puppies & dogs...does it to smaller ones at the dog park or beach..
but ours are used to it and either walk away or let her know they dont like it haha

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That's how Boxers play, with their paws, hence the name :) Boston's are pretty feisty, so that's a good match actually...Keep an eye on them. I would keep toys up at forst and watch out for food aggression, it does happen

G

·
0 Posts
my younger sister just got a 1.5 year old boston terrier male.  He really didn't like one of my dogs, but really did like the other, once we got her to calm down.  My youngest is very hyper and in your face.  It took him about 5 min. to realize that all she wanted was to play with him.  But, she did the paw thing the entire time, and he even picked it up as well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts