Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tonight we took Jet (yes we changed his name again) the puppy to the park to meet like Liz had said Zeus and Dante because of the aggressive behavior that Zeus has. Well Zeus was a little curious at first and a little stiff. But he loosened up a little bit. I let Lauren walk Dante that way i could socialize Zeus and Jet by letting them walk side by side. Zeus acted like he wasnt even there for a while. But then i let them sniff eachother because Zeus didnt act timid anymore. Well Zeus got down in a pounce position with his back end up in the air to play so we let them socialize with a loose leash. Everything seems fine. We brought them home to be in the house and they are playing. But i think i still need work to do because when Zeus is tired he doesnt like the fact when he lays down he has a puppy bothering him. So i will work with them everyday until they are 100% perfectly fine.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Toby acted the same way with Mia.. Thats why I made every interaction between them positive.. When he would growl at her I was like "Oh my gosh! I'm going to have to lock them up in crates when I can't be around for even a moment..".. Now I can go run somewhere for like 5 or 10 minutes and they're fine.. They usually end up falling asleep if I'm not here.. but until Mia calms down (lol if she ever does!!!) then they'll be crated when I can't be around be/c I know she'll get on his nerves..

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Sounds like things are getting better...That's great....Samson is a bit of a grump when he sleeps as well, Angel is forever tormenting him and he just snarls at her like "leave me alone"...We call him "grumpy old man" when he does that....But Jet needs to know his boundaries and he'll learn, give it time...The rest of the pack, Dante & Zeus can help with that as well... :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i was telling Lauren if Zeus growls more than likely since he has already let him in that it is just a warning because he wants his space and Jet needs to look at his boundaries, which i told Lauren even with us giving the boundaries the big brothers will give him some as well. This would have never happened without all of your guys advice that i recieved on this training. It was cute watching them play but i had to get them seperated a few times because Zeus and Dante started playing rough and i didnt want jet getting hurt because he is only 15 lbs.

So thanks everyone that has helped me with this issue. It has eased my worries and to know Zeus can accept another animal that is a load off of my shoulders. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts