Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes(Sadie)!!!

Adopted her from the animal control shelter two days ago. Her paperwork said she's a boxer and that she was found on the side of the road. She was scheduled to be put down a full week before i found her, I dont know how she escaped thet. She has a docked tail, and someone butchered her front paws trying to do a dewclaw removal. She seems to know a lot of commands though, I think she's about a year or so, she looks like she had pups recently.

Anyone have any ideas what she might be mixed with?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It is so hard to tell on a mixture...but she has alot of boxerish looks to her....If you ever want to know for sure let me know and I have the info to reach a dog dna site to have her tested, it will let you know what all breeds they detect on DNA.....She is a sweet looking girl and glad you helped a rescue!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sharonL - how much do the breed DNA tests cost and how accurate are they? I've heard of them before, but I've never really looked into it.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
dyskrasia\";p=\"71285 said:
sharonL - how much do the breed DNA tests cost and how accurate are they? I've heard of them before, but I've never really looked into it.
If you get it done through your vet it will cost more because they collect the sample and then send it to the lab.  However there are some labs that you can deal with direct and the cost of that is around $60.00.  It is about 92% accurate and the ones that I have run have come back with great results...It usually takes about a week to get them back.  I dont know the web site right off hand to order it from and although there are several online I know the one we use is a good reputable company....I will get the web site at work tomorrow....

·
Registered
839 Posts
What a doll!!! Looks like she may have some lab in her. She is such a sweetie!!!! Can't wait to see more pics!!!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hello and welcome... where in South Texas are you... I'm originally from Del Rio, TX. Though I normally just say San Antonio... spent A LOT of time there.

She's gorgeous and great thing you did... rescuing her... I'm sure she'll be completely happy in her new forever home!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sadie says thanks for all the compliments and the gracious welcome!!

Mastray - I'm in Port Aransas, about 20 miles from Corpus Christi.

sharonL - Thanks a bunch for the link, I'll probably have that done in a few weeks.

Oh, almost forgot! Heres a couple pics of the boy that made me join(lurk) on this forum to begin with, Derringer, my 4y/o.

3 months

6 months

3 yrs

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome! :D  (we're just up the coast, south of houston) :wink:
Your doggies are cute!  Henry came from a rescue shelter up in Bryan/College Station.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to Boxer Forums! Both your babies are cuties!  :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I saw this pup on craigslist in the same area i got Sadie and I'm wondering if maybe they're related. They're advertised as 'boxweilers'.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Sadie is so cute, so glad you were able to give her a home.  Derringer looks so regal in his Santa hat.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts