Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I live in Wisconsin, and we just lost our goofy and brilliant boy at 9-1/2.  I grew up with two out of the old Wagner kennel in Milwaukee, and am starting the search for a breeder since this house is so empty, and slobber free it's awful.  Dealing with years of colitis, IBD and secondary pancreatitis required for me to home-cook.  The diet included almost a pound of fish a day, and it was a little ironic he'd pull smelt out of Lake Michigan when they were running and gently lay them on the beach.  Better he would have saved me some cash having to buy the fish.  Glad to find the group, and I hope to get some advice about my search for a couple new babes.  Are two five times the work?  It might mean two times the destruction, oh dear.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I am so very sorry for your loss....I agree tho, a house sure does seem empty with out a Boxer or 2 or 3...I currently have 2 and am awaiting the arrival of my third, so I kinda prejudiced, but I think they are better in pairs, they tend to keep each other entertained..The destruction I never had to deal with actually....My first Boxer we got as a 10 week old pup, them the following summer we got him a playmate from a rescue, yes, Buck destroyed my Malibu lights and Tia tried to eat all the cactus, but it's all good..Now I have a new set of 2, my handsome senior Samson,who will be 11 next month and my clown Angel who turned 2 in Aug.....

Good luck on your search and feel free to ask any questions you have, that's what we are here for :)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry for your loss. When our Sophie died the quiet in the house was overwhelming!! Wishing you all the best in your search for a new baby (s) Please keep us posted and we'd love to see pics of the boy who has brought you so much joy.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hello and welcome! You'll definitely love it here and find some wonderful information. I'm sorry for your loss... it must be a very difficult time for you right now. I would think 2 would be two times the destruction and drool... etc. BUT there are MANY a boxer owner on this forum that have 2, even 3 boxers. I'd love two... but right now... it's just not possible. Again, welcome to the forum... good luck in your search!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome from Texas! So sorry for your loss- I just lost my old gal at 10 1/2  in September and it is never easy, I don't know anyone in the Milwaukee area but I am sure someone on here does. Rescues are always a good choice too...not that I am prejudice or anything  :D

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.  I too am very sorry to hear of your loss and hope that you can find some comfort and lots of entertainment here in your search for a new addition(s) to your family.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi, sorry for your loss...We got Jetta 9-9-07 and she is a joy...she required a WHOLE LOT of attention and energy output on our part 24/7/365 lol, so we decided to get her a friend.  We got Bo on 11-14-07 and they are the best of friends...I personally feel that 2 will make it easier on you because they keep each other occupied and begin to wear each other out...not fully though, lol

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Aqua - I totally agree with you on the two boxers and wearing out part. I was running with Sam in the mornings and thinking I was doing good but after we got Lucy and the way those two play, sheesh, I don't think I was even putting a dent in his energy level! By far, two is twice the fun!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the forum from Janesville.  Nexu is from Racine and he may know of some breeders in the Milwaukee area.  Kiah came from rescue and I plan to get a second rescue this spring from Green Acres Boxer Rescue.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome!  So sorry for your loss.  I know how empty a house is without a boxer baby!  We have had three at once and yes it is more work but the good thing is that 2 or more keep themselves occupied.  They always have a playmate and someone to sleep with.  So it is good for that, more expense at the vet, with food, etc. so if you can afford two then I would say go for it!  :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hello and Welcome! I feel that two boxer babies at one time time is both a joy and a hassel :D more work is required  by keeping an eye on them and such, but training is a bit easier since you do it at the same time instead of one now and then one a few months later!! probably keps you sainer...who knows!! I think boxers do very well in twos though, i myself have two. Best of luck in finding a breeder. Also i am so sorry about the loss of your baby...it is hard and i can understand how you would say the house is quiet with out him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts