Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Robin New to boxer forums I am an Arts student, I used to spend most of the time with my laptop in my room so I decided to make some changes in life, I adopted a dog and this is my first experience I need some suggestions and advice to take care of him.
I also found that the working dog forum is a great platform to share experiences and stories
I also read forums for knowledge to take care of dogs and found that interesting facts about dogs and nature.
I also start training a dog by forum tips and it actually works.
my pup enjoying to take treats while training sessions
I am using puppington pup Snax for a treat and also using nose and paw balm and the result was great my dog love to eat Snax and even balm is very effective and got great results.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Robin , It's great that you found time for a fur friend. Tell us about your new buddy. and welcome to the forum.
Hi joeponds,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. Sorry I have been busy with work and bronzing my pup -- he's adorable and very sociable! He is running at home all the time -- I think that's a good sign.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello Robin. Sounds like your your already a great puppy Mom. Lots of chews and training is critical. Due to a Boxers over exuberance and high energy. "Stay" is the most important command after sit and down are learned. Every day during training make your pup stay a little longer and increase the distance between you two. Eventually you should be able to walk out of sight for any duration and your pup will stay. Also, keep in mind down the road...boxers spend half their life on their hind legs. So jumping up on people is a common issue for Boxer parents and makes a pup look undisciplined. Due to their sharp dew claws can hurt when scratched as Boxers like to hold on. If your pup starts jumping up. Command "NO" or "No jumping" or whatever command words you choose and hold on to their front paws and walk forward, gently stepping on their back feet with each step. They will look back in confusion even try to nibble your hands to let go. Dont, keep walking forward until they basically pull their paws from your hands. Hope this helps. Post some pics. Wld love to see your new family member.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Robin. Sounds like your your already a great puppy Mom. Lots of chews and training is critical. Due to a Boxers over exuberance and high energy. "Stay" is the most important command after sit and down are learned. Every day during training make your pup stay a little longer and increase the distance between you two. Eventually you should be able to walk out of sight for any duration and your pup will stay. Also, keep in mind down the road...boxers spend half their life on their hind legs. So jumping up on people is a common issue for Boxer parents and makes a pup look undisciplined. Due to their sharp dew claws can hurt when scratched as Boxers like to hold on. If your pup starts jumping up. Command "NO" or "No jumping" or whatever command words you choose and hold on to their front paws and walk forward, gently stepping on their back feet with each step. They will look back in confusion even try to nibble your hands to let go. Dont, keep walking forward until they basically pull their paws from your hands. Hope this helps. Post some pics. Wld love to see your new family member.
I really appreciate your suggestions! I will keep them in mind and take the necessary steps with the training. Brono is very intelligent and his learning power is very good. I think he is understanding my gestures and following the directions.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Tail

1 - 8 of 8 Posts