Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I just got a puppy and the seller says it’s a boxer but I’m not too sure especially with his nose being a bit long and small body size.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Does the dog have papers? Some of the American bred dogs do have longer noses the Euros tend to have much shorter muzzles. Not sure what you mean by small body

·
Registered
22 Posts
American boxers do tend to have longer noses than European ones, but I wouldn't expected them to be quite as long as his. I don't think he's 100% boxer, but he is 100% adorable. :)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
American Line Boxer"s do you have a Longer muzzle. Which actually has a couple of advantages ... for some of them, sometimes under certain condition's ... but that is another subject. :)

But Boxer puppies also tend to have an egg shaped head. It's fairly distinct but I am not sure when that show's up???

I to am confused as to what you mean by " small body??" I take it you not did get to see his parent's??? He is a handsome boy in any case and from the Molosser Bloodline regardless ... so your in the right place here. :)

That would be these guy's.:

Now complicating that up ... would be an American Pit Bull Terrier aka American Staffordshire Terrier but "Never," say to a AmStaff owner there "Dog" is a "Pit???" They don't tend to take kindly to that. :)

But if I think ... while the AL Boxer's muzzles are longer ... I don't remember them being as broad your dog's as your dog's muzzle?? But it's been a very ,very long time for me.

At this point ... time will tell. But more important ... since at the minimum, part Boxer for your. Have your had a Boxer before and is this your first dog??? Welcome aboard in any case. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,106 Posts
Adorable puppy. I would suspect there is something else in there or there is a possibility that the puppy doesn’t come from lines that are bred to standard.
I’m sure you will love and adore him either way :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very handsome pup. You can always have one of the DNA tests sent in. Very inexpensive and may give you an idea what is in his bloodline.
I adopted a Check Boxer, fawn and white random mixture. She has a bit of a Pit look so I had the test done just out of curiosity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts