Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I took Henry to the vet today for our monthly weigh-in.  He weighs 56.7 pounds.  Last month he weighed 56.1 pounds.  Well my goodness!  That extra .6 could just have been a full bladder!  Is he finished growing already? :?

He'll be a year old on August 26 and I thought he might get a little bigger.  His mom is 45 pounds and dad is 70 pounds.

Oh well!  He's a cute little fella! :wink:

Z

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
NO, they dont stop completely growing until they are 2 or 3 years old.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
No, he isn't done yet.  He's just probably slowed down a little for right now.  Watch, he'll probably have some huge growth spurt in a couple months and end up weighing a solid 85#'s.  LOL!!!  They generally don't stop growing up until around 2 yrs and then grow out (fill out) till they are around 3 yrs.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
627 Posts
Zhanna\";p=\"19177 said:
...He'll be a year old on August 26...
My Astro will be a year old on the same day!!!...and he is only 55 pounds.  I expect him grow a lot more though.

·
Registered
948 Posts
You guys and your little boxers.. Mia is 3 1/2 months old and 27lbs!! I wish she was like 45-50lbs.. Then daddy wouldn't be as mad about having 3 big babies in the house! lol

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, nope, he's not done growing..Got one more good spurt left in him and then he'll just start filling out more...Generally about 2 they are done... :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Question.....at what age can I tell how big my Boxer might be?  Chloe is 23 weeks old and weighs 35lbs.  She seems rather small, but I don't know. Any thoughts??????

·
Registered
270 Posts
AAHHHH...our dainty little babes!(haha!)....So, in your opinion, do you think Chloe will be on the smaller side??  It's weird bc when she was about 7 or 8 weeks old, people kept saying she was going to be huge bc her paws were so large....not anymore!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's a lady at church and her boxer girl is 3 yrs. old and only weighs 43 pounds.

People said Henry would be big too because of his feet.  But he seems to have "grown into" his feet and they don't seem so big any more.  I guess we just have to wait and see. :wink:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ziggi was 10lbs at 7 weeks, his last visit to the vet was three weeks ago and he weighed 89.5 lbs. at 17 months.  He had giant feet when we got him and still does, he has grown into them but they are twice as big as our other boxers feet and he stands a good 6 inches taller than her.  He is just long and BIG, we are hoping he doesn't have that extra growth spurt!  8O

1 - 13 of 13 Posts