Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you all notice that your boxer is VERY sensitive to tone of voice...to the point where a dog that might normally become deaf in the great outdoors will hear a particular tone in Mom's voice when she issues a command and respond ON THE SPOT...I have noticed, that although Mic and Indy are doing really well...even responding well during distracting moments...there are times when it's like they can't hear me...but, the other day, during one of those times...I saw another dog approaching from a distance and my tone was definitely urgent when I said "Mic, Indy! Come!" and they stopped in their tracks and came to sit at my feet...very cool!

·
Registered
148 Posts
LOL this is funny I noticed that with my BO he would respond when I was upset, and maybe yelling at the kids, he would get out of the room.  He would put his ears back and creep up the steps as if to say I got to get out of here before she start yelling at me.  LOL

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh very much so, not just tone either, they can sense by my body language as well...Both of my males have been very intuitive to me, but I got to say Angel knows when I use a sharp tone, that Momma means business and it's time to behave... :) Samson comes and hides under my desk in the office when he hears harsh words, even if they aren't directed at him...He's a very sensitive guy  :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts