Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tango is chewing like a mad man again.  Do you think it's time for teething?  I've looked, and it doesn't look like he's lost any, but the biting is driving me crazy!  Every time I try and touch him ... chew, chew, chew, chew, chew!!  I'm thinking the poor guy might be in some pain?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Someone said to have them chew on a cold carrot, its supposed to help.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
I remember those little razor sharp baby teeth, used to go to work looking like id fallen in  rose bush :lol:

·
Registered
648 Posts
LOL yes cold carrot does work well. I still give them to Britney. However, her speed of chewing them is getting faster and faster!

I think the chewing drives every owner nuts!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, cold carrots, guess I better stock up on those, huh? If he is teething, keep trying to redirect him to a carrot or a teething toy..But if it's just the crazy chewing, which has already started for us, then you need to nip that in the bud...I'd still do the redirect, walk away, ignore him, you know the drill :)

G

·
0 Posts
I will have to try the cold carrots.  Bear has already lost quite a bit of his teeth.  My husband actually saw one fall out and I kept it!  I'm such a weirdo, but I thought it was cute.  I could never find any of Binga's.

The thing that drives me NUTS about Bear is the constant licking.  He doesn't bite at me, just licks.  He does this thing where he pops his tongue over and over.  Not sure how to stop him from doing that one.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Don't feel wierd..I kept my first puppy's baby tooth too...lol
But I'm with ya, Sonny is 2 1/2 months and all he wants to do is bite...we have nicknamed him Jaws...my poor Fredo has scabs from his biting (although he does keep going back for more).

G

·
0 Posts
[quote="ChloeAndBrodisMa\";p=\"119737":vmk9b6rf]

I'm a weirdo too! I kept one of Chloe and Brodi's baby teeth also

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Elyse is nearing 10 weeks and she wants to bite and chew everything..I bought some carrots and put them in the freezer..my gosh she loves to chew on those..she will work on one for a good hour then it's back to us.. :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Jal232\";p=\"119733 said:
At what age are boxers suppose to lose there teeth and fill in with permanents?
Jack is 5 month old and his permanent teeth are coming in now.

Kerri

1 - 13 of 13 Posts