Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bambii is roughly 9 months and she's very scared in public. She's perfectly fine with new people and animals in our home and yard but when we are in public she has her ears back, tail tucked and walks as close to the ground as possible. Is there anything I can do or is it too late?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I would start going to stores like home depot/lowes and petsmart even walmart. Just go to the parking lots and let her observe with you. Let her see people coming and going. Don't approach or allow anyone to approach her. This is what I did with mine and frankly I need to redo it some more. Try keeping her attention on you and when she does praise her and give her a treat. Next trip get a bit closer. Eventually you should able to walk her around the lot with her being comfortable once she is comfortable walk in areas where others walking. In time you will be able to walk her into the store. She doesn't have to interact with people unless she is comfortable. Just say he is in training. I plan to do more of this with my guy, my walking hasn't been so good lately and he is already forgetting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts