Registered
7,757 Posts
This standard is taken from the american boxer club and states:

[color=blue:1gip4vht]Size, Proportion, Substance
Size: Adult males 23 to 25 inches; females 21

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It really is hard when they are pups to always tell how they are going to end up..I've seen a lot of growth in Kota these last couple months at meetup and he's in that gangly state also..To be honest, I wouldn't worry so much about his height, the main thing is that he is healthy...If you look at Donna & Mike's Mindy, she is VERY  short for a boxer. Samson also is on the short side. Both he & Angel are the same height, 23". Short for a male, tall for a female...A lot of times you can look at the parents also and get a feel for how your baby will turn out...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
trust me, I've been dealing with the same questions. since Diesel was only 2lbs when he came home. at 17 weeks, he's a about 20-25 lbs now.

You're just gonna have to wait until they're full grown to tell. To me, it's like a kid waiting for christmas. lol

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Charlie was 35lbs. at around the 4 to 4 1/2 month mark.  Now he's probably 85-90lbs.  At about 1 yr old they slow down growing up and start to fill out.  He's definitely muscular.  Sadie at her 11 week visit this past Saturday weighed 22lbs.  She's gaining 3lbs. a week right now on average.  Charlie gained about 3 1/2lbs. a week for quite some time.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It just takes them a long time to wrong. Jessie is 6 months now and 43lbs. I think she is gonig to be a same boxer because her mom is small

·
Registered
521 Posts
boxerjessie\";p=\"12636 said:
It just takes them a long time to wrong. Jessie is 6 months now and 43lbs. I think she is gonig to be a same boxer because her mom is small
Beckham is a little over 5 months and is only 26 pounds!  is that pretty small?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Scout is a year and a half and he's been 57lbs for about 1/2 a year.  I think he's pretty much done.  He is petite and was the runt of the litter.

·
Registered
478 Posts
beckhamboxer\";p=\"12649 said:
[quote="boxerjessie\";p=\"12636":2v55dt55]It just takes them a long time to wrong. Jessie is 6 months now and 43lbs. I think she is gonig to be a same boxer because her mom is small
Beckham is a little over 5 months and is only 26 pounds!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts