Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Athena's age is 8 months, she is fine but I have a question, her weight is in 16,500 kg and I don t know if she is fine and healthy in that weight or she needs to gain some weight.. So if anyone can help me I going to be really grateful

Pd sorry if my english is not very good, I am from Latinoamerica

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If that is around 36lbs, sounds good to me. She still can grow up to 2 years of age. If she is eating good, energetic, not sickly i'd say she is doing fine. Boxer girls can be a little on the small side, but she has plenty of growing to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
crecerá hasta los 2 años y también mucho depende de su nutrición. También he visto hembras que están justo en el lado pequeño

Hi!
Athena's age is 8 months, she is fine but I have a question, her weight is in 16,500 kg and I don t know if she is fine and healthy in that weight or she needs to gain some weight.. So if anyone can help me I going to be really grateful

Pd sorry if my english is not very good, I am from Latinoamerica

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crecerá hasta los 2 años y también mucho depende de su nutrición. También he visto hembras que están justo en el lado pequeño
Hola! Muchas gracias por la respuesta y en español, es que leyendo el peso de otros boxer me asuste pero entonces va bien, ahora si que quizás esta del lado un poco más pequeña en comparación de otros pero nada mas

·
Registered
10 Posts
he tenido las mismas preocupaciones que mi perro era más pequeño que lo que había leído en línea, pero ahora en su segundo año él está llenando y subiendo de peso

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Really as was "stated," we would really need pictures in profile to render, an "informed opinion." :)

But as also stated ... she sounds about right at 8 months. And if your hanging out with friend's or know folks, that have male Boxers?? Well she is gonna look kinda "smallish??"

My current Boxer/Pit Bella is pretty much the same shape and stature as my Struddell was (avatar.) We have had her for two years and she was one when we got her. So she is three years old.

I screwed up and lost her record's from when we first got her?? But today at three she weight's well sigh 49.5 or 50 lbs??? Still we got her shot's a several months ago at a different vet and that is what the scale said. Sigh she had to do a "weight in at a different vet for "Fox Tail's," in the ear!!!

At any rate with "our" daily corn dog's for breakfast and occasional ... "Jack in the Box," Jr Bacon Cheeseburger (hmm, although I think I will take the Bacon Off of her's going forward.) But I thought by now she must be 55 lbs???

But nope ... no change at all ;on a different scale, we still saw it flicker between 49.5 and 50 lbs some months later from the last time.

So at any rate, as long as you feeding her an "Aporate amount of food," and she looks good?? Don't hyperfocus on her weight. And if she wants more (my experience with the girl's anyway) is that they will just start to slap the empty bowl around to get your attention?? And a small handful of kibble wayyy less than a cup,, usually stop's that silliness. I have never had a male dog do the (I want more thing) but my girls always do???

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
36lbs at 8 months is quite small. As mentioned, a picture of her would help.
Oh is it small, at 8 month's??? Well you would know. :)

So a Boxer girl at 8 month's should weigh what?? I started with Band Dogge's and Boxer/Pit's and Boxer/Pitt's so no spec's really?? So I have always gone with how they "look." :)

My second Boxer ... that lived a longish life was Struddell and at maturity she weighted 65 lbs?? I was kinda stunned cuz I'd have sworn she was a 55 lbd-er but muscle weight's more than fat.

But even at that ...next to any male (boxer) I saw ...she was "tiny??" My friend's have a Euro/American Male and he weight's 85 lbs. And spec perfect he looks like a Male Brindle version of my Girl ... tiny waist and deep chest ... just huge by comparison???

But at 8 month's what should a girl Boxer weight, 40 lb's???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts