Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an 8m old female boxer mastiff who is NOT spayed. Recently I have been getting a lot of comments on how she looks too skinny, I feed her very well & multiple times a day. She is very energetic and runs around our backyard until I let her back inside. I take her on walks as often as I can.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Plant

Dog Plant Carnivore Dog breed Collar

Does she look skinny for her age?

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
That's a Boxer thing. I heard that from friends with girl (American Line Boxer) she was 65 lbs when full ground at two or three years pretty big for an Americana Line girl and she looked about 55 lbs still? Ignore them and keep doing what your doing she look's fine. Welcome Aboard. :)

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
She does look thin but not skinny. My st poodle looks the same at 1 year. He was a rescue so he didn't have a good start. My st poodle from a reputable breeder also went thru a thin age but during year 2 filled out well. Same with my boxer he looked thin at 1 but during his 2nd year he willed out and became muscular. I'm sure your will do, I wouldn't worry about what others say.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seems fine to me! Don't worry about people, usually people are not used to "athletic" looking dogs. So the skinny waist compared to the chest seems wrong to them. But as long as the ribcage is not visible, or the waist bones are not visible, you're fine. And in this case, you're fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts