Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my two boxers get along great, my german sheperd just stays away.  We crate the little guy while we are gone and the older dogs have the run of the house.  We have never had any issues with them until recently the two older dogs have been getting into the tras when we are gone.  It does happen every great once in a while but now it is almost daily.  We don't treat them differently, except the sheperd she's just anti-social.  So are they acting out because of the pup even though we have had him for 3 months?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Dogs aren't capable of acting out in the way that you mean.  I mean no offense, but the way you treat the shephard pup (I'm sure you don't mena to do this) is showing favoritism.  Thsi can affect ALL of your dogs.  Crate the pup only when you have to.  The older dogs will actually teach him alot.  They just need the chance to.  Treating your shep pup the way you are is actaully overprotecting him and could lead to some serious behavioral issues down the road.  Reconsider this and maybe try to find another option.

(I am a professional trainer and canine behavioralist.)

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Shepherd is 12 years old and stays away from the other dogs, we don't shun her, she is just an older dog that doesn't want to be in on all the action.   My boxers on the other hand demand attention every waking hour.  We crate the pup because he is 5 months and don't want him chewing on anything or having an accident.  So far we have lucked out and he isn't a chewer besides the occasional stick and pieces of paper.  We do  leave him out most of the time even if we leave and only put him up when we are at work (5 hours total).  We have lucked out in that our other boxer has trained him.  But it is strange to me that the other two are getting into the trash constantly now.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Put the trash somewhere that your shepherd can't get to it.. And I would recommend still crating your puppy.. At 5 months old, he'll get into A LOT!! lol who knows what you'd come home to.. When my other dogs were puppies, they were always crated when the bigger guys were loose.. Didn't effect their behavior one bit.. And my older guys are so carefree that they wouldn't care if the puppy got into something.. I'd rather be safe than sorry and run the risk of my puppy getting into something she shouldn't...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts