Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on this forum, but I thought it would be a good idea to get some more opinions about my little dog. I recently was given a puppy, named Remmy, from a good friend of mine. She said she'd gotten it from another friend and she was told it was Boxer Terrier. We didn't' know what kind of terrier, so I did a little research and from pictures kind of figured she was maybe Boxer/Rat Terrier. I've been considering getting a dog DNA test done to figure this out. I don't' know exactly how old she is, but I know she's only a few months old. I was just wondering what you all thought and if she is Boxer, what kind of behavioral things should I look out for and are any tips for training her? I've never owned a boxer, but I've had a few friends that have had them, but I still don't know that much. Also, if you know anything about Rat Terriers or whatever else she might be it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
She is 100% mixed :) I can see it being a Rat Terrier. Boxers ears dont naturally stand and she has a pointed nose. She sure is cute though :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not always, but they never lye back like a Boxer's. If she's in trouble, scared, or sleeping they go back pretty far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, That's what I thought too. I'll just have to do one of those DNA tests to find out for sure what she is. Thanks though! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After seeing pictures I agree. That's gotta be what she is. I don't know why I didn't consider that before, but now that I see it, it's obvious! Thanks!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have a rat terrier and yours looks alot like mine in the face, just a different color. such a pretty face! I have a picture of Willow on my profile I think.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is my first post on this forum, but I thought it would be a good idea to get some more opinions about my little dog. I recently was given a puppy, named Remmy, from a good friend of mine. She said she'd gotten it from another friend and she was told it was Boxer Terrier. We didn't' know what kind of terrier, so I did a little research and from pictures kind of figured she was maybe Boxer/Rat Terrier. I've been considering getting a dog DNA test done to figure this out. I don't' know exactly how old she is, but I know she's only a few months old. I was just wondering what you all thought and if she is Boxer, what kind of behavioral things should I look out for and are any tips for training her? I've never owned a boxer, but I've had a few friends that have had them, but I still don't know that much. Also, if you know anything about Rat Terriers or whatever else she might be it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
No boxer in your cute baby but def rat terrier mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
She is 100% mixed :) I can see it being a Rat Terrier. Boxers ears dont naturally stand and she has a pointed nose. She sure is cute though :)
Well... :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
@shmelsey: Your Remmy looks a lot like my Bentley!! I've been wondering if Bentley is part Boxer also. When I adopted him, they told me his mother was a Boston Terrier and that they didn't know what the father was.

Since he has grown up however, although small he exhibits MANY characteristics of a Boxer. Most notably he uses his front paws to play soccer, catch things, high five, give paw, and "box" when he's playing with you. His ears always stand up like that until he does bad, and he knows it! He's emotionally sensitive and will pout for hours after I shower because he thinks I'm leaving him! He gets so mad he sometimes leaves the room I'm in just to rub it in haha.

He's truly a mama's boy and plays rowdy with his daddy & the boys. He guards the house from strangers and welcomes our friends and family. He plays really well with children and gets along with other dogs so well. He plays 25 hours a day and has an addiction to toys(especially tennis balls) and birds! The more he grows up, the more I see the Boston Boxer mix, but his longer snout baffles me.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you end up doing the DNA testing? I am curious what the verdict was. My Rat Terrier mix looks just like your dog. I think she's mixed with Boston.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Well Boxer or Boston Terrier Mix?? Your Welcome Aboard. But so you know this thread is from Nov of 2013, and the OP has not been around fro a long time. Cute dog however. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts