Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently I noticed a small amount of a milky discharge from my 13 week old puppy's penis (mostly after he relieves himself).  I asked the vet and they said give a little while before you worry about it.  It's been about a week now and I still notice it from time to time.  Has anybody else ever heard of this and if so, what was the fix?  Thanx.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Umm... Odin has that "issue" I assumed it was a male thing... considering it only happens when he seemed "aroused"? I mean if your vet wasn't automatically like "oh that's what happens sometimes with young male pups." Then I don't know... I didn't think it was serious... maybe someone can shed some light on this topic.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if it's due to arrousal.  I didn't know if they were capable of that yet...lol.  I've never noticed him aroused either.  Thanx for the tip though.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
It is pretty common.  So long as it's not excessive, smelly, greenish or bloody, it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.  Thats more than the vet could tell me.  Now I'm not so worried about it, because it's none of those things.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Eh, I say "aroused" because he never had that issue till he was abou 3 1/2 to 4 months old. Which is also around the time that he's started humping... well trying to hump things anyway.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the same "problem"...hes 10 months old and every now and then I catch it...the vet did not alert to it in a negative way...he just said it was odd at his age and asked when he was "clipped" and its been 2 months since...but  all in a nut shell nothing negative came from the vet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts