Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today at lunch, I went home to play with Porter and he was chasing his tail like a crazy man.  He'd catch it and like knaw on it, never biting or anything.  Then, I caught a glimpse of some fleshy looking thing on the bottom side, near the end.  I took a pic with my phone so it's not great, but you can see what I mean.  It's not bleeding or anything.  Just looks like flesh.  Could this be the way all boxers tails are, or is it a botched bob-job, or what?  

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Donner does the same and his nub looks like Porter only actually even more of a skinned nub sticks out. I've thought the docking could have been better and Blitzens looks nothing like that and she has never tried to bite her own tail! I've even wondered if he wasn't feeling the phantom pain that some amputees feel???? Hmmm, now I'm REALLY wondering!!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Looks like where they docked it! Im of no help tho. It could be bothering him thats y hes gnawing on it!! Roxy use to do it too

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Phoenix bites the end of her stub sometimes too - but just like shes itching it. I would say as long as it doesn't look sore or bleeding he's probably alright.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, good.  I feel better.  This whole week I have been doing the new-mom panic thing... Does it ever end?  lol.   :lol:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
OK I obviously have too much time on my hands cuz now I'm running around taking pics of my dogs butts :lol: But this is something that has bothered me for a looooong time, thanks so much for bringing it up. Here's what I mean when I say Donners looks like Porters only more skin. Maybe someone knows if there is a difference in docking styles???? btw, since I've gone round the bend and am now posting butt shots, I just love the little swirls of hair on my boys behind!! Weird I know :wink:

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
DonnersMom\";p=\"117773 said:
OK I obviously have too much time on my hands cuz now I'm running around taking pics of my dogs butts :lol: But this is something that has bothered me for a looooong time, thanks so much for bringing it up. Here's what I mean when I say Donners looks like Porters only more skin. Maybe someone knows if there is a difference in docking styles???? btw, since I've gone round the bend and am now posting butt shots, I just love the little swirls of hair on my boys behind!! Weird I know :wink:

Oh my gosh! I love the little swirls things too on Bubba and now Dixie...I calll them there DIMPLES :) SO CUTE haha

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
DonnersMom\";p=\"117773 said:
OK I obviously have too much time on my hands cuz now I'm running around taking pics of my dogs butts :lol:
RFLMAO. . .. . .   =))
Zulus to big to reach his tail even if he wanted to. . .. :))

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Samson can't reach his either, but Angel and does occasionally try the tail chase :) Lori, I love the little whorls on the back end of Donner...I can't see Angel's as she is soo dark, but Samson's I can....i call them ass eyes :lol:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
[quote="laura11982\";p=\"117770":3hj5y5zz]Ok, good.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Hahahaha glad I'm not the only one admiring their dogs hiney!! It's funny Donner has the perfect "butt eyes" ( I almost choked over that Willow) but Blitzen has just razor- straight stripes of hair. There is just NOTHING the least bit feminine about her  8O LOL
laura 11982, nope the worries sure keep us on our toes :D Didn't want to hijack your post but this has been too funny, Thanks!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Butt Eyes =  :lol:  :lol: ...my hubby said when she lays upside down that it is a face on her butt.....eyes....nub as the nose :)

The hair issue is related to the tail dock...all of them pretty much are bald there....some have hair come back and some hair is long enough to fill in and cover....:)

G

·
0 Posts
When we first got Bear he had a big tuft of hair covering the end of his.  THought it was strange.  I can't see any skin on Binga's either.

Binga does have the butt swirls, I was actually pointing that out today!  Haha.  I haven't checked out Bear's though.  My hubby is going to think I am crazy examining the dogs behinds.  

This is the only pic I have of Bear..   the hair kinda turns down at the end.  

I would assume it all depends on the way the tail was docked.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I was always tempted to get those little sticky backed eye balls you kind find at craft stores, and put one on each butt swirl.  It is probably nothing, but ours had a similar spot on the tail that really hurt him if you touched it.  The vet put him on antibiotic, I think Simplicef, and it healed up quickly.  There are alot of nerve endings on the tail, so if there's a skin infection it can be very painful.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hoos has a little bald spot that is covered by hair. It drives him nuts if I sneak up and touch the bald spot! He whips his head around as if I found his weakspot (that or he's thinking I'm trying to take his temp)!

On another note, his butt eyes are fine, but just below the hair seems really long...kinda extends over when the long hair meets the short (from outter thigh coming in toward inner thigh). I'm think it will go away as he continues to fill out, but I've though out giving him a trim a number of times

G

·
0 Posts
my oldest recently has been turning circles after his tail; it's hilarious.  His tail is bald on  the end, the little one has hair that covers the end of her tail.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
lmao Isis has perfect butt eyes too..but shes uhmm  8O too big to get around and reach her tail and hers was docked super short.,..like they used that old quarter trick... :roll:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts