Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so just so everyone knows that im not sitting around waiting on this, i have already called the vet and waiting for a call back.....
here's the scoop.... as of about a week or so ago we have noticed Onyx putting on quite a few pounds in the waist. She is normally slender, not sickly thin, but skinny. Now, she looks like a very beefy boxer! By guessing I'd say she looks 5 pounds heavier at least! So as of yesterday she has gotten the runs! not pasty, not mushy, its down right watery! There has been NO food changes, and i am 99% positive she has not gotten into anything she shouldnt have.
Could she be sick???
Or....
She is schedualed to be fixed in 2 weeks, could her cycle be coming early? I read that sometimes boxers can get upset tummy's before a cycle.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
That is a tough one because it can be anything from the fact that she may have got into something, to picking up a intestional bug being worms or bacteria to Pancreatitis to just a stomach bug. The thing is the symptoms that go with it....Like is she laying around more or less active, has she been vomiting, do her gums look nice and pink, do her eyes look clear and the white parts are white with little red in them.....The weight gain can sometimes be retaining fluid......I would wait and see what they say when the vet calls and try and have her checked just to rule out any problems...Plus if she is sick in some way or coming down with something it needs to be delt with BEFORE they sedate her for surgery.....Hope all is well and she feels better soon!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she is still bouncy and happy and playful, she hasnt been laying around any more then usual, gums are ok, eyes look ok, breathing seems normal, we dewormed her just 2 weeks ago to be on the safe side with surgery coming up, so im a little lost... could she have a cold??? both me and my husband have been sick the past 3 days, could she have picked it up possibly????
thanks for the info, still waiting on the vet

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
If all of the other signs are normal, which it sounds like they are...you have to also consider her picking up something your wormer did not treat such as coccidia, giardia, whipworms and things of that nature, if those are not an issue that it sounds like she got into something or just has an upset stomach.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again for the info... we started to give her pepto last night and i have noticed her poops are starting to paste up a little, not much, but its a start....
thanks for the help and i'll let you know how she's feeling

1 - 5 of 5 Posts