Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porter seems to be SO happy with us and we are in love with him already!!  He has been doing this constant whimpering thing today... he's fed, hes' poo'd and pee'd, he's gone for a walk, he's played wildly with us in the backyard with a tennis ball twice.  I can't think of anything excpet that he misses his playmates that he had at his previous home.  

He's instantly become the love of our lives... he's so spoiled.  I just want to make sure there isn't something we should be worried about.  He went to the vet for his puppy check yesterday and everything checked out.  

Oh, and by the way, I am SO glad to have found these forums... he had diarrhea yesterday (like pudding on the sidewalks) a couple times.  I came here and read that a tsp of canned pumpkin does the trick and IT DID!!!!  Thanks!!  

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Poor little guy.  He's had a lot of changes the last couple of days.  Our Henry seemed a little depressed the first week or so, then he got very sick, but he was a rescue.  Anyhow, he is probably missing his old home.  Give him a little time, he'll come around. :wink:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Everything is still pretty new to him at his new home so it'll take a little while for him to totally adjust and know that he's there for good!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Lucy whimpers and she is one year this month - she is the first boxer that I have had that does this - I think it is just because she gets bored. She is go-go-go 24/7 and if someone isn't playing with her or paying attention to her, she does it. I try to ignore because I don't want her to think her ploy is working  :lol:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Spinx whines quite a bit too.  I think its because he is bored.  I just ignore it so I don't reward it because he is a spoiled brat with nothing to whine about.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That little guy has had a lot of upheavel, including a long drive..He's in a new enviroment, new people, yea, he's going to need a few days to adjust..Let him whine it out on his own, no it's not cruel, believe me...Even Angel whines sometimes, but hers is usually boredom :)

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"115062 said:
That little guy has had a lot of upheavel, including a long drive..He's in a new enviroment, new people, yea, he's going to need a few days to adjust..Let him whine it out on his own, no it's not cruel, believe me...Even Angel whines sometimes, but hers is usually boredom :)
I agree with Willow...just give him sometime to settle in :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts