Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not my dog, it's the father (so I'm told) of my dog.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/violia/c7bc8c02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/violia/d51d8b3c.jpg

It may have Boxer in it, but I don't think it's full because of the length of the snout. I never saw this dog in person. The lady I got my dog from called it a "American Boxer", but there's no such think. It's just "Boxer", right?

The mother (so I'm told), is a beagle. However where I saw here she was significantly bigger than every beagle I've seen. I think she may have been Beagle mixed with Fox Hound or Basset. Maybe.

This is my guy, he's about 6 months old. I'm not upset or anything, I'm just curious. I certainly didn't pay to get him.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
A beagle boxer mix will top out at 35-40 lbs. so if yours exceeds that then I'd think full bred boxer.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yup thats an American looking boxer to me, just like my Thor, Hulk is more a mix German/American boxer. They are all boxers, just different variations. His snout isn't that long, I think that first picture is just a bad picture, that second picture is all boxer :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thanks! My guy has quite a bit of what I've read seem to be boxer personality traits. He plays rough and get very loud when playing. Any other dog I would think is being vicious, but not him.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting mix, I can definitely see the beagle...

I can see the boxer too I notice it mostly in his facial expression and coloring.

quite a unique mix, you've got a cool dog 8)

The father looks mostly boxer but it does seem something is a little different, could be mixed with pit(?). who knows, but to me he looks mostly boxer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like a full bread boxer to me.. I've also heard of "American" and "German line boxers.. From what I hear "American" boxers are smaller and have shorter front legs as yours appears?? But no one has confirmed that to me..

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
It may help if we knew his height and weight. That being said if he is not full American Boxer then there is a lot in there.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
More pictures would help but I would say Boxer/mix also. A Boxer/mix was how we got onboard the Boxer train.

Our boy was a Boxer/mix, Mom was a Boxer dad was either a Pit or a Pug? He never got to grow to full size.

He was very, special very bright and brought a smile to my face everyday! It's been 12 years and I still miss him!

Boxers are special, Boxer mixes are special, you did good,however it was that he came into your life!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts