Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for a teething puppy to have bruised and swollen gums where teeth have fallen out? Please excuse if this is an obvious answer...as some of you know, I am a first time dog owner

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Re: Is this normal...?

Oh lord Alexa, I really don't know...It's been so long since I have had a puppy that I can't remember with Buck, but I suppose it's possible...Need to remember these things cos it will come in handy next spring  :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

I am not sure, i know Reese would have lost her teeth by now (she is 10 months) but i dont remember her gums being swollen or bruised. maybe sharon will know.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

She seems to have lost her big "fang" teeth (not sure what they are called lol) on the bottom jaw. Around the whole area is quite badly bruised (all the way into the bottom of her mouth) and she keeps licking it and crying when we try and have a look at it...I just want to make sure it is something that is common with teething, and if not find out what is causing it!! Thanks for the replies.  :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It is common if they are doing alot of chewing while shedding the teeth....The gums swell, bruise and bleed as new ones try to come in...:)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Sharon, that's what we figured but wanted to be sure because its looking pretty nasty and sore.  She is doing an awful lot of chewing...mostly on toys thankfully and she's losing her teeth very fast!  :)

Thanks Willow, Lisa, Andrea or Mark for moving my post, I wasn't sure where to put it!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
yea maverick had swollen gums and chewed a lot. im not sure if his are done coming in yet but his teeth feel stronger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts