Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucy doesn't like to give kisses. She usually nips at your face if you try to get her to give you kisses - and sometimes growls a little and barks.

I know putting your face in a dog's face could seem threatening, but my other dogs give kisses so I was thinking maybe she just needs to mature a little? ...or is this a sign of aggression?

I should add that if she is tired and about to go to sleep, she will let you kiss her and sometimes she will lick the kids faces when she is very sleepy.

The only puppy kisses she ever gave me were when I picked her out at the breeder's house.  :(

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yes i would agree give it time.  As you both bond this usually begins to change. Also, as a yong pup they have high energy and that leads to nipping which seems like they cannot control themselves long enough to figure out licking would be more fun! lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
Honestly, I would be thrilled with no kisses or at least a lot less of them. We practically drown around here with all the slobbery kisses. We should hand out towels at the door to our guests it's that bad :D .

Kerri

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I can tell Flick is going to be a kisser, oh he just loves it when he gets cuddled and then he starts in with the kisses....I say give it time, Flick also likes to nip some, but not as bad as when we first brought him home

·
Registered
933 Posts
Niko doesn't give kisses and he's about 4 years old.  We rescued him from the humane society so not quit sure what kind of home he came from.  He does love to snuggle and give hugs.  He just not big on kisses.  My other 2, however, give you a bath of kisses!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Zulu is a big kisser, he literally drowns me in them every day. :D  :D  :D

Just give her time to bond with you, she is still only a very small pup and im sure she will be drowning you in them in no time :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah is not much of a kisser but if I make kissy sounds she will kiss.  Keegan likes to kiss and as soon as you get close he is kissing.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Autumn knows who she can kiss and who she can't haha...my friend Ryan doesn't mind her licking him all over the place so does she ever get excited when he's around.  Kisses all around.  However, she knows I think they are gross, so when I do ask her for one (I let her kiss me when we're having a scary old bath to try to calm her down and make her happy) she doesn't really know what to do, and will only give me a little one.

I wouldn't worry about that at all!  Puppies are more excited to play than to kiss at that age!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Yeah, it can get wet and yucky!  Tango likes to give the big 'ol slobbery ones and doesn't stop sometimes.  But then again, we laugh when he does it, and then he does it more!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
[quote="msdiamonddawg\";p=\"127516":lvaeqrr3]Yeah, it can get wet and yucky!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hahaha Isis wasnt a big kisser when she first came home..not to us...JUST Onyx..used to drive Onyx bananas..then somewhere somehow it all began lmao...now shes ruthless with her tongue that can cover your whole face  8O and git you when you arent looking hahaha or sleeping thats the worst !! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa she will lick you anywhere she can reach you..face, arm, leg ,hair 8O  doesnt matter hehe

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Man do any of your boxers try and pin you down while the shower festivities take place?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Jax is play biting like crazy  :roll: If you go in for a kiss, he sees it as playing and may nip. But if you just stay there, still, but somewhat close, he will lean in, and then slobber on ya :) Especially when he is held. He will look up and start licking.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Mizorie\";p=\"127553 said:
Man do any of your boxers try and pin you down while the shower festivities take place?

Lol Brian, oh yea, that would be Angel  :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts