Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know this is really gross but axle has been passing this mucousy like flat thing in his stools he has passed about 2 feet of it now he is only 11 weeks old it comes and goes as in not all times he poops it has it..

I am going to attach a picture of this so do not look if you are squeamish lol..

I hope Kerri tomanydogs answers this as she seems to know all the home remedy's for this

Second pic if of the fur nugget that is pooing this out

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope that's not a stick lol that is what he has been passing its kind of round and squishy...

And like I said he has passed about foot and a half to 2 feet

·
Registered
5 Posts
That doesn't look like a tapeworm to me. The ones I have seen are white, flat and 1/2 to 3 inches long. They also move around some. My vet says any worm that comes out of a dog or cat that you can see with your naked eye would be a tape worm.

·
Super Moderator
7,031 Posts
I am not seeing a worm at all. I am seeing a very long mucousy poop. How long was that? What do you feed him?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He eats just shy of 1 cup 3 times a day he never eats a full cup so I just save it for the next feeding he is on pacific stream taste of the wild all life stages...
He has been on it for about 4 and half weeks now just fine with nice solid poops...

No its not a hair turd lol thought that to and it looks nothing like that round worm turd in that pic

·
Registered
868 Posts
WOw.. looks to me like he ate something and passed it.. Im not sure but I dont see worms either.... strange.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ohhh and the length on it probably about 5 inches or so my brother is the one that took that pic for me I was at work he was here watching him today...
All the times he has passed it for me I would say its been the same 5/7ish inches long

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Well my "doggie daddy" friend, I can think of 2 things you can do:

1-Take it somewhere and have it examined. Cost unknown

2-Rinse it off, and see if you can recognized. If yes not need for 1. If no, do 1

I knew ZIGGY was playing with the rope, never saw him eat it! One day after taking a poop, he was dragging his butt on the ground, I noticed "something hanging" :(, well after that, no more ropes!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He has no rope and he can not get into the garbage can in the house and we are in an apartment so when he is out side I am with him he has passed like 3 long ones like this then like little 3 inch ones or smaller sometimes

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
You know, it is easy to say he hasn't eaten anything he shouldn't but pups can be pretty stealthy! Look around. He could have eaten a dryer sheet that was stuck to someone's clothing. Or look for a pillow, bed or comforter with a hole in it. My buddy was eating the comforter stuffing. I pulled a bunch of mucus-covered stuffing out of his butt (lovely)! This doesn't look like a worm. It does, as Kari mentioned, look like a long mucus poop. I would save one and dissect it (I have been known to be a poopologist on the side). Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
(I have been known to be a poopologist on the side). Let us know what you find.
HAHAH!!! That's one heck of a High office to hold. Imagine that on a door somewhere.

I'm intrigued and wonder what is causing this odd poop so Subbed. (never thought I'd be curious about dog poo)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts