Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ever

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Re: Isis..Diet? New house? Scratching and chewing paws AWEFU

I use purina pro plan, I have a fawn boxer.  Can you order food off the internet?  Maybe that would be cheaper.  I think I would stop drinking milk!!  Sorry about your babies.  Tabs is our lab mix and she gets really fat in the winter time, we have to switch her to a diet food, you might try that.  Also eggs are really good to help with shedding, Tabs is terrible plus its black hair so it shows really bad, we started giving her eggs and it helped the shedding.  

I don't know what the bumps could be, have you taken her to the vet?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

Poor Isis, sending all kinds of healing hugs :D Since it's worse in your new place I think it's something there, like you said the grass maybe? Sophie used to have terrible outbreaks from chewing toys and rubbing her chin/head on the carpets. When we took them up the bumps went away. Since the house is new maybe the carpets have a "from the manufacturer" treatment on them?? Maybe try a couple steam cleanings??? Poor baby girl, let us know how she's doing!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

It's definitely something related to the move and kinda does sound like it could be the grass. Ugh allergies are so tough Ky...I'm feeding Chicken Soup for mine and they are doing great on it. Angel, the semi picky one chows down with gusto....I was thinking about the carpets as well, like DonnersMom said. Could be something in that new carpet that is irritating Isis....Poor girl. I wish I could be more help to you. Hoping you find an answer soon tho

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

Ugh...I feel your pain! Maddie has had the itchy ears, chin, and paw syndrome since I got her! I have the ears and chin under control, but the paws are still an issue. I believe it is the grass here also, but really not much to do about that.  :?  It is probably something in the new environment, could also just be the stress of the move.
I hope she's feeling better soon. Sorry couldn't help more!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

I have used Chicken Soup as well and Savannah loved it!! Reese though wouldnt touch it...I hope Isis feels better soon :D

·
Registered
893 Posts

Ekim has terrible allergies I have him on wellness and his coat is beautiful, he is on the weight management mix and has lost 6 lbs. in the past month and 1/2. Delila is on pinnicle, this to is great for allergies. My daughters cocker spaniel has allergies so bad that you can't even pet her without a scab breaking and bleeding. she is on pinnicle and her allergies cleared up.

·
Registered
19 Posts

My white boxer gets the red bumps and itchy skin ,also. The first time she did it I got scared half to death, but just an allergy. I don't have any recomendations because Boo grew out of it.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts

Ive fed ALL of them lmao jk But we had Roxy on Chicken Soup, gave her the runs, we had her on Natural Balance and she did GREAT on it then we switched to Canidae and she did great on that too then as a change we switched to Prairie Reeko had the runs on that so now we are feeding California Natural and so far so good!

Also Im not sure if its available in Hawaii but Im sure you could oder it at a decent price is Missing Link supplement! Ive been giving it to my dogs for about a month now and they dont shed nearly as much as they use too, Roxy doesnt get those nasty little bumps on her face and no more itchies!! I get it for about $17 and it lasts about a month with 2 dogs!

Good luck in your search for a food. I hope Isis gets better!

Can you get allergy tests done?? If its grass maybe you could give her something for it? My aunts beagle was allergic to I think 21 things including grass, dairy, wheat lol She had to get a shot once a month I think and it kept all the itchies away.

G

·
0 Posts

I am thankful i'm not in hawaii!  I believe when I was talking to liz once she said merrick was like 60 bucks? here its under 40... if you can afford the merrick I would try that...and use one of the unusual blends...like wilderness...or if canidae is available...that is doing great for jetta and bo...poor isis...i actually at one point was gonna name jetta isis...or if I got a boy I was gonna name him abubus...but decided all the s's would be too hard with my lisp

G

·
0 Posts

lol...i wish I could meet isis...sounds like a character!  bo looks out the window only occasionally...jetta never does

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

Ky, I feed Merrick's Wilderness Blend and love it - I pay $56.00 for a 33 lb. bag which is expensive for two dogs as mine go through at least 2 large bags a month.  It does however come in 16 lb bags so you could give it a try.  I tried and loved Canidae for the price and the ingredients, but Kane started shedding and itching really bad while he was on it.  If the allergy is environmental, switching food won't help them much.  I hope you find out what is causing the problems - allergies are a nightmare!  Good luck on the food change and give Isis and Onyx a big hug from all of us and keep us posted.

·
Registered
610 Posts

Sorry to hear about the allergies Isis.  Tell mom you need to visit California to get rid of those allergies!

G

·
0 Posts

its kinda ironic...i was told one of the best places in the world for human allergies is hawaii...and ur dog is suffering over there..hmmm

·
Registered
6,026 Posts

Purina ProPlan has come out with a new "allergy" food.  Looks like pretty good stuff.  Maybe you could try that?
Poor baby, hope she feels better soon! :)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

Awww, poor Isis....tell her Lola feels her pain!  I feed Lola Canidea (which I know you can't find) and I started mixing in Pro Plan Sensative Skin & Stomach as of last Saturday.  No change yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I think Lola has food allergies though, because all the grass around here is dead now.  Good luck!  I hope you find a solution, sorry I wasn't much help!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

After trying many, the only thing I found that worked for Kiah is the Pro Plan natural salmon and brown rice.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

so sorry to hear about isis' troubles. :( . i have not had any experience with this. sorry i can't help. i hope you figure out what it is and she feels better soon!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

I don't have a good answer there, maybe try a little benadryl and see if it clears up.  Both Charlie and Sadie chew on there paws in the morning some, I never thought it could be allergies.  I know there prone to injuring there nail.  Boxers tend to dart and sometimes the nail/paw doesn't follow or gets jammed/stubbed.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

I tried to keep my bro of the grass but it didn't seem to help. He still eats all the oreo's and captain crunch.  :smokin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts