Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got the

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Re: Isis Sick Again..SHARON? got fertilizer info

oh ky! i am so sorry!! i hope that isis does not get as sick as she did last time. at least you have some hard proof that they can't deny.i hope this does something to light a fire under their a**es.!!!  :x  :x

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

So, tell me Ky...what have they said to you guys about your kiddos playing out there on that crap??? Maybe THAT is the tack you need to take...after all, this is bad for CHILDREN and PETS...if they haven't given you any warnings or precautions in regards to this, they would be endangering the health of your FAMILY all together! What if your kiddos wanted to lay in the grass?  This is ridiculous!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

The idiots!  Must not have any dog people that are listening to you.

Just for now can/do you wash off her paws and face well before she comes back in the house? Can you do the walking in another area to minimize the chemicals? My dog with allergies does better if I do that for him. I would guess that she is hypersensitive to that crap and it really does a number to the poor girl.

I hope you can get some resolution soon and that Isis feels better.

Nano

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

Well at least it sounds like you are getting to the bottom of it and I would just present the fact to JAG alond with a firm statement that you have both Children and Dogs.  You know that not all people all dog lovers, but if they deny the fact that you want it away because of your children as well and there are additional episodes then I would think they could have their butt in a real sling on that one.  Now be prepared for them to say that they mean contact via mouth and your response is to point out the warning for skin contact.  Good luck!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

That sucks! I hope Isis is feeling better soon. Go get 'em, Ky!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

Wow Ky, that doesn't sound like good stuff at all....Amazing that they would put this on the lawn with those types of warnings...Poor Isis, I know you have got to be at your wits end right now....Do what you have to otherwise nothing will be done obviously....Sorry hubby got hurt, hope he's ok.....Big hugs to all of you

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

Are people out of their minds!?  Why would they put that stuff down with all the precautious that the handler has to take and when it clearly states "keep out of reach from children & pets"!!  

So sorry to hear about all this.  I hope you get to the bottom of this soon and that Isis is feeling better the poor girl.  Hope your hubby is okay too!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama\";p=\"76187 said:
i went through 8 weeks of the ectopic pregnancy crap and the methatrexate shots and being ordered on quarters with hubby so i didnt do anything..so it was hard for me to fight...

then tonite we ended up in the ER with hubby to get 8 stitches in his hand from work..hes fine..jusst a long night
So sorry to hear about your problems and then finding out about those chemicals.  How can they endanger children and pets with chemicals like that.  Sure hope JAG can do something about it.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

I don't really know much about it, but I would imagine all fertilizer would be dangerous in it's original form until it breaks down.  I think theres supposed to be a period where everyone/everything needs to keep off the grass, but after that I would think it's safe?  Seems to me you should have been told all of this beforehand though, especially when you have kids and pets!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts

There are Federal and State laws about using many of these products.  I would contact the DNR in whatever State you're in.  They should have a department that deals with pesticides, and rodenicides.  The lawn service we use is mandated to put plastic signs up in our yard if anything is applied that is a danger to people, pets, or wildlife.  The sign says don't walk in this area for a specified amount of days, and when to remove the plastic signs.

We requested that an area off the back deck, about 12' by 14' never be treated with anything.
During these days we use the very short tie-out.  We had some idiot neighbor putting Tomcat rat and mouse packets on our back stump.  The DNR knew everthing about the product, and wanted to come and do an investigation.  They take this stuff seriously.  Give them H.

Off topic - What's that little foot near Oggie?

Ann WI

·
Registered
839 Posts

Ky, I am soooo sorry you have to go thru this mess. I hope your son doesn't get into that crap!!!! And poor little Isis! I will say and extra prayer for your family. I hope your hubby gets to feeling better, also. Go give JAG H*ll!!!!! Its not a question if people are dog lovers or not!! This goes way beyond being a dog lover, its a matter of life. whether dog or person, every one should be a " life-lover"

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

owenowlsnest\";p=\"76485 said:
Off topic - What's that little foot near Oggie?

Ann WI
That's mine.  :lol:  I was laying down on the couch when I took that

·
Registered
6,026 Posts

Wow Ky!  It is just unbelievable!  I cannot imagine why they won't work with you on this!
We're prayin' for ya sister!

·
Registered
403 Posts

sully\";p=\"76350 said:
I don't really know much about it, but I would imagine all fertilizer would be dangerous in it's original form until it breaks down.  I think theres supposed to be a period where everyone/everything needs to keep off the grass, but after that I would think it's safe?  Seems to me you should have been told all of this beforehand though, especially when you have kids and pets!
I 100% agree Sully!
I would think it's common knowledge this stuff is not good for people or pets. But since your not the one putting it down they should have been proactive and told you of the dangers.
You know how slow the military is, I mean it is the military.
Shoot "Hurry up and wait" is there motto.
I sure hope Isis gets better soon. Speedy recoveries going out to Isis from the BoxerBoys!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Awww ky, this is really frustrating. Poor Isis and poor you, I'd be worried sick. Just wondering, from a civilian standpoint can anything be done to help....someone I could write and gripe to??? After all if you want to get technical, a civilian contractor is being paid with military funds and that's MY tax dollars being used to endanger kids and pets :evil: So far it sounds like nobody wants to take accountability for this and that in itself makes me furious. If there is anything you  can think of that I can help with please don't hesitate to say so  :D
btw, how's hubbys hand?? Sending healing thoughts to you all.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Awww ky, this is really frustrating. Poor Isis and poor you, I'd be worried sick. Just wondering, from a civilian standpoint can anything be done to help....someone I could write and gripe to??? After all if you want to get technical, a civilian contractor is being paid with military funds and that's MY tax dollars being used to endanger kids and pets :evil: So far it sounds like nobody wants to take accountability for this and that in itself makes me furious. If there is anything you  can think of that I can help with please don't hesitate to say so  :D
btw, how's hubbys hand?? Sending healing thoughts to you all.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

slobound\";p=\"76584 said:
Sorry to hear that Ky!!! Go get 'em!!!
OMG I LOVE YOUR NEW SIG GAR...WAY TO GO MARIE THATS AWESOME !!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts