Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night her "area" was red..but her ears,around her eyes, etc were red too..b/c she was hot...from running..so i didnt think anything of it..

well today...she was laying on her dog bed next to my desk and i looked over and saw something yellow so i leaned down and she did a laying down kinda butt wiggle and this yellow ( not green at all) liquid discharge came out of her "girly part" ...when i pulled the skin next to it a little to look more came out...was gross

heres my aggrivation of the day..amoung others...the vet is BOOKED of course...and can offer an emerg visit on a sit and wait basis for an extra fee of 100 bucks !! ontop of anything else and ontop of the regualr office visit :roll:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Re: Isis Yellow Discharge from"girl parts",Sharon?

Eww....I am sorry to hear that...poor dolly...and cheerful as always, of course! It sounds alarming to me, considering it was a profuse amount...I am so sorry about the situation...I know the money deal...just bad timing! Hang in there...Sharon will be on soon to tell you whether it is an "urgent" or a "hang on" kind of thing!

Hugs!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

Ok, I'm going to apologize in advance for grossing anyone out. Ky, if you wipe her girl parts with a kleenex does it smell bad??? Like infection or yeast??? Blitzen sometimes has a little odorless discharge but I've assumed it's because she's not spayed (yet ) but Isis is spayed so I don't know?? Sending positive thoughts and wiggles to Isis :D

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

yes she was fixed the DAY we saw her and signed papers...so tht was almost 3 yrs ago..and ive NEVER seen her have this before..

i just wiped it..it doesnt smell at all..she jsut came in from outside...so there wasnt alot but i can kinda move it a little and get some out ..i know gross but after having kids things dont seem gross anymmore hahahha

·
Registered
51 Posts

I had the same thing with my 10 week old, but yours seems quite older than mine. I'm getting her to the vet friday morning!

She's my first puppy so everything is very startling! Can't wait to get her to the vet and find out whats wrong!! I'll report back after i find out!

wish us luck, right!? haha

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

yes lol..if she wasnt fixed or had it before id feel a little more at ease..but this is weird...only thing is that Isis DOES have allergy break outs..not fod related enviroment related..

good luck Roxy...( shes a very pretty girl !)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

I don't know Ky. Just wanted to say that I hope it's nothing to really worry about. Being that it is not green or smelly, I wouldn't think it is. I know the boys will have a "smegma" discharge, which is nothing to worry about, but not too sure about the girlies. Maddie is my first female, so this is all new to me! Can you even get a vet to talk to you on the phone?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

my first female also..ive always had boys...

BOTH miltary vets are CLOSED..and my vets office is VCA and to get a vet ON the phone is like pulling teeth..good LUCK !! esp since its almost 3 pm..im going to try calling there about 8 pm once things are quiet ...they are open until 10..

jeez id be better off going to MY doc..saying i have a uti and getting an antibiotic lol ...sheesh !

·
Registered
8,155 Posts

Could mean nothing or something like Vaginitis or UTI, best IMO to take in a Urine sample so they can check for everything.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

I have had this type of discharge ocassionally from my females and also myself (I know I'm gross, but it's true).  I don't think it is anything to worry about. I would keep an eye on it and if you're still seeing it swipe a gob off and put it in the fridge (in a baggie PLEASE!) and make sure the hubby doesn't think it's something to eat.  Hah, hah!  I wouldn't do an emergency vet if it was my dog and I am a dog worrying freak!

Nano

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

:roll: hubbys opinion is to tell her to stop messing with the "dirty boys" and use protection...grrrrrrrrrrrr ooo he's just sooooooooooooo funny :roll:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

[quote="nano\";p=\"127272":mqjzgog5]I have had this type of discharge ocassionally from my females and also myself (I know I'm gross, but it's true).

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

I believe that it is probably some sort of muciod substance but Sharon is the expert on that one.  

You're hb is too funny about the dirty boys.  I think you should put it in the fridge on a plate and skip the baggie!

N

·
Registered
51 Posts

Yeah, mine was just once, and it was on the fir kind of sticking out around the 'girl part'. Just one time though, and not a lot.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

I had to stop laughing before I could post...I have this image of you placing that in the frig Ky and someone finding it :lol: Hoping Isis is ok, I'm with you tho, I don't think it warrants an emergency visit...Green is usally a bad thing, so it more than likely could be a yeast infection or UTI..

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

ky,
sumya gets the same thing EVERY time she pees it is like a yellowish mucous discharge right? since i brought her home at 8 weeks she has had it... my vet says nothing to worry about...don't know if that helps or not...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

yes yes thats it...Rebecca its helps alot thank you... :D >:D<

LMAO Willow..haha..you KNOW how it goes in my house..if its in the fridge its free game and if its on a plate or container mom made it for us to help ourselves haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa GROSS but hahahahaahahahhahahahahahahaha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts