Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday was the last straw...Cosmo and Cori got into another fight (unfortunately a daily occurance) and Cosmo bit Jeremy. If you remember, Cori bit Jeremy a few weeks ago. Anyway, Jeremy and I decided that we just couldn't be referees anymore. We tried soooo hard and we really wanted it to work out. But, we decided to give Cori to a friend of ours. Cori stayed with him last week while we were out of town and he and his girlfriend fell in love with her (just like we did), so we know she is in good hands, though it doesn't really help with the sadness. I cried for a good hour and a half last night and again a little while ago when he picked her up. It just sucks...we really thought that we would be able to work it out. Unfortunately, this will be Cori's fourth home...which is probably the worst part. When I brought her home I told her that she was home for good...But, deep down, I know it's better for everybody, Cori and Cosmo included. I actually think Cosmo might be a little sad...he definitely knows she's gone. Last night when I was crying, Cori came over and gave me tons of kisses and layed on me like she was hugging me. That definitely made it harder. She's just a sweet girl and I am having a hard time with the fact that I am not her "mommy" anymore. Our friends are good people though and they only live 3 minutes away, so I can see her whenever I want.

So now it's just me, Jeremy, and Cosmo again. We are going to start trying really hard to get him obedience trained. We went to class when he was younger (he's 9 months now), but he was impossible and we honestly didn't work very hard at it...which is probably one of the reasons it didn't work out with Cori. But we want to have a good dog and he's just not there. He's super sweet, but has no respect for who is in charge. Anyway, i just thought I would give you all an update and I will let you know how Cori is doing in her new home when I see her this weekend.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
im sorry it didnt work out but i know youve worked very hard on this and its been an issue for some time. In the end if you have exhausted all other options then you sometimes hvae to rehome to make it better for all involved. good luck to all of you and hope cosmo get's his manners in line soon!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am so sorry that this happened but sounds like Cori will have a good home.  Hopefully classes will work well for Cosmo.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Sending lots of hugs to you, but remember this, it doesn't make you a bad owner, some dogs just CANNOT get a long and they need to be homed by themselves...Had a friend when I lived huntsville that had to do the same thing, she had 3 Boxers, and the last one they adopted started turning on everyone...The last straw was real similiar to what happened to you, so they homed her in a single pet household and she did great :) You may want to suggest to Cori's new owners to really work on training with her, as she has bounced around a lot, she could probably benefit from it...Poor girl, lets hope she has found her forever home

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I'm so sorry it turned out this way for you. On the flip side, it looks like Cori has found a great home and maybe you can still see her once in a while?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Sending hugs your way...I can only imagine how hard it was to come to that decision.
Sorry to hear that it turned out like this. Take comfort in the fact that you tried hard to make it work and didn't just give up right away. The good part too is that Cosmo is with people you know and trust and know will give her just as much love as you did. Not to mention you can still see her all the time. Perhaps her and Cori will become better friends from living apart.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
As difficult as the decision was you did the right thing to give her to a home where she would be a lone dog.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:cry: Just reading your responses is making me cry...ugh, it sucks so much. But, yes, I will be able to see Cori whenever I want. The couple we gave her to are very good friends of ours. I know it was the right thing to do...I just miss her so much already. Thanks everyone for the hugs.

·
Registered
738 Posts
>:D<

Try not to feel so sad... like what everyone else said, you did the right thing.  She is in a great forever home and you'll see, she and Cosmo will be great friends when they see each other for play time.  She will never forget you! Be happy that she has lots of people that will show her tons of love  :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think if nobody minds...I will keep her on my sig. That way, everyone still gets to see a picture of her. I don't think our friends will use the forum, but maybe if they have questions or something, I can post in their behalf. Jeremy and I will be like Cori's godparents.   :D   In fact, we told them that if, for any reason, they felt like they couldn't keep her anymore, then they had to give her back to us and we would figure something out. Thanks again for the support everyone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts