Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today has been boxer day at work.  It is only 12:45 p.m. (lunch time) here and I have seen a total of 21 boxers :)  You know I love boxer puppies.
It sounds like a lot but, I had 9 puppies for tail docks; 10 puppies for the first set of shots, one for annual vaccinations a 3 year old wonderful male and then one case that made my blood boil a little.

So of course at 2 days old the tail docks were non-eventful and they all just look like little egg heads.  The ten 6 week old pups were all adorable and I wanted every single one of them.  One of the boys was 10 1/2 pounds  :? already.

The last one.....Well here is the story......I have seen the pup since 6 weeks old and through his final vaccinations.  He is now 5 months old and about a month ago developed an out break of red mange/demodex mange.  WE treated with a series of dips for the last month and he is some what better.  However after I told the person that we needed to either do another round of dips or start on a weekly injection.  He looked at me and said "I cant do that I guess we will either give him away or put him to sleep".....I about FELL OUT!!!!!!!!  Making a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG story short.  By the time I was done and completly mad and exhausted with the whole situation, I found a foster home for him that will keep him to go through the treatment and then will find a forever home for him.

I know noone here is like that, but.....Here is my thought......Putting a dog to sleep because it is an inconvience to you is horrible.  Imagine if someone could do that to you...... And shame on the Vets that will do it!!!!    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

But a happy ending :)  I do love Boxer Days :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Dogs are a choice not a requirment. I feel the same-if you choose to have a dog then you need to take care of it. Pointless euthanizing is such a waste of life. god that is sad- i am happy that you were able to find a foster home

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Too bad we didn't have the option to euthanize the owners..Awesome news that you found him a foster home tho. Already told hubby many of times I would go bankrupt before ever denying Chloe the care she needs.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am glad that pup is out of the owners hands and in a good foster home.  There is no telling the kind of care the puppy would have gotten at home if it stayed there.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ChloeBellesMommy\";p=\"17706 said:
Already told hubby many of times I would go bankrupt before ever denying Chloe the care she needs.
If only we were talking a ton of money, it still would not be right.....But this was a $15.00 bottle of dip or $60.00 in shots..... :roll:
I see so much in the day to day of this profession, but on this one I think it just felt good to vent.   I am going back to work now...so I will hope the afternoon is a good one.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Good Lord..when people talk about their pets that way, it just makes me wonder how some people treat their skin kids!  :?
Thank you for taking control of the situation and finding that pup a good foster home that will give him the care he needs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When i got Brick, he was in pretty sad shape. I paid a guy 100 dollars to take a puppy away from him, that was infested with fleas, his little puppy fur was fried and frizzy, and he too later developed demodex mange, which required several mitoban treatments around 8 in total at ~30 a trip,  and even though he isnt a full blooded boxer, he still turned out being one of the best looking, and best dogs I've ever owned. It makes me really sad to see the people who get puppies as accessories, like a purse or a hat, and treat them like that, tossing them aside when they become an inconvenience.

But kudos to you sharonL, its great to see there are still folks out there with a big heart and willing to go the extra mile to make sure those animals are given the chance they deserve.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wow sounds like a huge boxer day for you. I give you a lot of credit for finding that boxer boy a foster home. That is sweet of you to do that, and like you said most vets wouldnt do such a thing and go ahead and do what the owner wants to. And another thing is that i agree, dogs are not just an accessory and it is a life just as ours and we should appreciate it for what it is.

·
Registered
780 Posts
What a day for you!  Thank goodness you were there to give him a piece of your mind and save that poor puppy!  I would have a very hard time being civil to someone like that!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I am absolutely appaled at the attitude of that idiot. I know I have that story before but it still never fails to upset me. Ditto what Shari said, Marq &  I will go without if it means taking care of the dogs, they are our children, how could you do any less?

I am so glad that you were able to find that poor baby a forever home and away from that fool...And as for all the lovely puppies, now that is my idea of heaven.. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts