Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm sitting here at 4 AM and I'm trying to convince my dog to come inside. He's a 5yr old boxer boy. He had a big thanksgiving weekend at my moms house, played with her dogs for 3 days. Now that he's been home for a day he's been acting weird. Walks really stiff all day today (I thought he was just sore from running so much) and just threw up really nasty puke all over the house. Now he won't come inside and is sitting in the grass shivering outside (40F). I put a blanket on him but he won't come in. I don't think he's embarassed, I think he feels too terrible to lay in his bed.

I'm gonna take him to the vet in the morning but I've never seen him sick like this and I'm super worried... Posting on some forum where nobody knows me is the only thing I can do right now and I guess it's not gonna help him any. I'm gonna go outside and sit with him. Hopefully I can convince him to come inside.

My best bud needs help!  :-(

·
Registered
427 Posts
Well, the only thing I can say here is that I hope he is okay and that maybe you could pick him up and bring him in the house? I hope he gets well!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Aww sorry that you both are going through this...I have no clue as to why he would do this  :? . I'm sure you tried food to lure him in? That would be what I'd try anyway. We'll I hope he eventually came in (sooner rather than later) and good luck at the vet.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Poor baby, I wonder if he ate something that didn't agree with him.  I would call the vet and see if they have any suggestions.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Well, could be he doesn't want to come in for fear of messing up the house again.  My little Henry doesn't like to come in when his tummy is upset.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Oh, and welcome to the forums.  My firs post was with a sick puppy too. :(

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome!  I hope he is doing better.  I know when ours is feeling off they do some strange things too.  Usually a good lap for them to sit/lay on and some extra love they start to feel better.  

It does sound like he got in to some food/item that didn't agree with him.  I know our Teaki is also very sensitive and if we go out or change things around she gets upset and will sometimes shake/not eat/scared, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts