Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we got our tree yesterday and while I was very pleased with how disinterested in the tree the dogs were, that changed somewhat once the decorations went on it...

I was in the kitchen making dinner, when I got a bit suspicious of just how quiet they were being... went in to the sitting room to find the skirt pulled right out from under the tree, and Hector sitting on the couch with a big bite taken out of one of the decorations  8O (thank God it wasn't a glass one!).  I hooshed them out of the sitting room and into the kitchen with me, turn around 5 minutes later and they were gone again.  Back into the hall, where I obviously hadn't pulled the sitting room door shut properly, because there they are again, Hector this time chewing a plush reindeer that was on the coffee table and Tink looking at me like "I told him not to!"

So needless to say, they will not be allowed into the sitting room any more unless under strict supervision!

"Mom, this apple tastes funny!"

And this is what will greet visitors to our house over Christmas - they're on our hall table.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm sorry....I'm not buying that story! Hector looks too darn innocent sitting there to have taken the tree skirt and a chunk out of that ornament. Perhaps it was an intruder and they were just trying to protect the new tree in the sitting room.  8O  Yep that's it...they are the fearless protectors!

Reminds me of the time when Buster was about a 6 months old. The tree didn't last 2 days. Between Buster and the cats constantly climbing the thing, the tree didn't stand a chance! It was down the next day. Buster was constantly chewing the ornaments, yes glass ones! When he actually knocked it over, that was it! Done! No Christmas tree that year! The next year I put it up, but only decorated the top half. Looked pretty stupid, but at least I had a tree!  :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Eimear, surely that innocent boy couldn't have done that... :lol: I like your table in the entryway, looks really festive :) My tree is still standing, no problems, yet, just had to make sure that everything that resembled a stuffed toy to Angel was safely put waaayyyy up :lol:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
He looks so disappointed!!! How could you put an imitation tasty treat up there?? poor boy got hungry just looking at it :lol: =))

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
He lools so innocent.  Just love the entry way table, it looks so festive,

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Awww, he looks so sweet and innocent!  Love the table!  
Every stuffed animal I tried putting up last night Lola thought was hers and would stare at them and cry!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Aside from the fact that we dont have room for a tree... I also wont get one because of Jessie... I have collected a lot of nice ornaments and Id rather not give her the chance to break any of them!

SO we got a small table top tree...

G

·
0 Posts
lol baby is doing great no chewing ornaments and no knocking over the tree me and the kids did the tree and have garlen ,lights,glass ornaments, stockings,and everything on the tree and baby just looked at it stuck her nose up and has had nothing to do with it sence..now if I could just get my kids to do the same thing...they have chewed more ornaments and candy canes off the tree then the dog or cats..lol

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I haven't decided if I am going to put up a tree yet.  With Duke and the two cats I just don't know if it will be worth the headache.  Tabs doesn't really bother with it, so thats not really a problem, maybe I will try it for a day or two and see how it goes.  :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
How Sweet. Looks like " Mom, what are you trying to feed me!!!!" He just looks to sweet to do something like that!!!! =))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts