Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Reese and Savannah are sleeping soundly on the floor at the foot of the bed, Mr. Samson...is vomiting! He didnt vomit the first 2 nights we had him home, on tuesday he got into some stuff (cat poo, cat food, and tuna sandwhic...he had a busy day!! :) ) and he didnt vomit til 4a.m. I figured it was because of his antics from the day before. Well last night at midnight he vomited again! he didnt get into anything yesterday. only ate his dog food. When he vomited tuesday night, it was kinda foamy and looked like bile...last night was actual mush. The food wasnt whole so i know he didnt eat too quickly. Any ideas? could it be just the food switch? it was switched cold turkey.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
andrea, sounds like the food switch is the culprit.lulu's ekim had the same problem with vomiting, luann switched his food back and added an extra small meal in the evening,that seemed to do the trick.also, maybe he is feeling anxious about being in his new home? keep us updated on what happens! poor samson!!  :(

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Poor guy! Didn't I hear someone say how sometimes if they eat too early in the evening, they get sick like that? I forget what thread I read that in...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Poor baby....but usually Duke isn't puking....about two weeks ago I wake up to find Adam MP3 playing chewed up, my bottle of lotion and my bluetooth.  All of these things where on the table in the back I do believe had had to cat accomplices to help him.  

I hope Samson gets better.  Keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Could be so many things Andrea. Could be the food switch. Do you even know what he was being fed before? Could be the change of environment. New surroundings, different animals and people around. I would give him a few days to adjust, and keep an eye on him. If he gets worse then maybe see your vet.
And, Samson....stay out of the cat box!  :puke:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He was being fed chicken and rice and we feed the girls chicken and rice as well, so i didnt honestly think there would be too big a change for him. We redid the kitchen so now the cat box and cat food can not be touched! the cats are the only ones who can gain access b/c the girls and samson are too big! hopefully he will stop soon. i feel bad for leaving him in the kennel in the wash room at night while the girls get to sleep in the room.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
southerngirls\";p=\"85324 said:
i feel bad for leaving him in the kennel in the wash room at night while the girls get to sleep in the room.
Maybe that is why he is stressed. Is there any way you can crate him in the same room as the girls so he can at least see them until he is trusted to stay out?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well we havent crated him yet. He has stayed in the room with us at night, but i was going to start crating him tonight becuase i cant keep having him vomit on my floor. i want to give him the benefit of the doubt...

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Well, hopefully whatever didn't agree with him is out of his system, and you won't have to clean up anymore messy piles.  :wink: I hope he's feeling better!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I have to agree Andrea.That guy has had quite a change in the last couple days...Is he only doing this at nite? Maybe just a bit of yogurt before bed might help...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry guys i forgot to update! i guess it just took him a few days to get his "kitty treats" out of his stomach. wouldnt you know it the minute i post something about it, he stops!! of course!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts