Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever noticed that you can have a huge box of toys and whichever toy one has decided to play with, the other HAS to have? Samson really never played with any of his toys, until now..the arrival of Angel has changed that and every day I just see more and more improvements...But he does tend to be a bit of a bully too..If he has a toy, he will lay it right in front of him, and just dare Angel to come near, if she does he chases her off...Nothing mean or vicious, just very possesive about the "toy of the day"...Right now he's laying at my feet with his latest and Angel is fussing cos of course she wants it too!!!!

The other morning I caught these pics of then having a toy tussle....

It's my toy and you can't have it!

Oh, we shall see about that little sister....

The battle ensues....

And to the victor... :)

Oh well, I'll get it next time Mom..... :cry:

So as I finish this post, Angel has retreated to the living room with a big sigh and Samson is still guarding his conquest..... 8)

·
Registered
780 Posts
That is so funny!  They are soooo cute!  

Ours does the exact same thing.  It is amazing how posessive they are over the same toy.  Even when we buy two of the same thing....ONE is always better than the other one.  Teaki usually growls about it because she is the older one and thinks everything is hers.  Zig is pretty laid back about it and will sneak it away from her when she lays down.  :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
Roxy does that too, mostly with my brother's German Shorthaired Pointer though.  She'll have a toy in her mouth and walk right up to him and "play growl".  Then she'll run away and play the "you can't catch me" game as he chases her around the backyard.  If she is laying in the house though and both her and Astro each have their own chew hoof, Roxy will get up and take Astro's and bring it back to her bed and she'll get a little aggressive if he tries to get it back.  I always end up having to put Astro in the crate with his or I have to take the toys away.  Roxy always has to have both...she doesn't know how to share.  The good thing is she will never get aggressive towards a human taking her toy away...She knows better.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Aww...that last picture, she looks so sad...Poor Angel!  :(  They are just like little kids. I go through that every day with my two skin kids. I started buying things in twos, and that doesn't work either. They still want what the other has.  :roll:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Awe.. poor Angel! Maybe Samson will share next time? lol

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Awww, that is the cutest thing ever!!!

Poor Angel.

·
Registered
491 Posts
My two do that too, funny thing is, usually Gunnar eventually gives in to Ginger and gives her the toy.  Not sure if he's afraid he's gonna get in trouble, or what, but she's usually the victor in the toy war.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Then of course, she takes the toy under the bed where he can't reach it and I have to dig it out!  Isn't she just terrible??  Mean little girl to her sweet, innocent, loving big brother!!  We call under my bed the "bone graveyard."  That's where she hides anything she doesn't want my Gunnar to have!  lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Aww . . .poor sweetie!  I love her facial expression in the last photo.

That happens all the time between Izzy and Brandi (Hawk & Zues don't play with toys much anymore).  It's a great tool to use to start a game if they look like they're going to get into something.  Make them think the other dog wants it, and you have instant tug of war!  Those two are just not wired to each pick a toy and go into their seperate corners to chew on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts