Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vet prescribed Iverhart Max for Cato for Heartworm and internal parasites prevention. Does anyone else use this for their dogs? Any comments on this medicine? Please comment.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Iverhart Max is a very good product and follows the same basis as Heartgard....It has a few added plus's and that is it has a medicine in it called Drontal which is a treatment for intestional worms that also includes tapeworms....I carry it at work and we are getting people who have a issue with tapeworms to switch from Heartgard to Iverheart Max....The only drawback we find is that it does not come in the little brown treat (meat) form and alot of people think their dogs like that better...but it is still a chewable tablet and I have not seen many that wont eat it especially a pup who has not had anything other such as heartgard.....So....Yes it is a great product for heartworms and intestional worms as well!!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
No problem......Iverheart has been out for a while but when they added the Iverheart Max line with the tapeworm treatment we could not pass it up!!! The only drawback is it cant be used in a preg or nursing female and since you got a baby boy...no worries!!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
We have been using Iverhart for quite a few years now. Ours take it with no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts